iPhone XS Think I have an issue

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
UK
Hi all, I’m after some advice, I have had my Xs since launch day (EE network UK) and I have just watched my iPhone fail in call, I had 2 bars and made a call, after 5 mins or so the call just cut off, as soon as this happened I looked at my screen, the signal had gone completely and then 4 bars showed up and I was able to make a call again.

So this is what I think happened: I walked my kid to school and my Xs will change masts, when I get home it stays on that mast with 2 bars, then during my call it swapped masts to the closest one that gave me full bars, but during swapping it lost all signal as it changed, not sure why, isn’t mast swapping meant to be seamless?

What should I do? I have reset network settings a few weeks ago once i left the 12.1 beta and went onto the final release, shall I wait to see if Apple sort it or visit the Apple store?

Thanks,
Adam.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
UK
There has been a thread about reception problems in the UK with the new phones:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/uk-mobile-reception-iphone-xs-max.2144761/
Thanks, but those issues are a bit different, I have no speed issues or signal strength issues, it’s just that disconnection issue when switching masts, it’s only happened twice in the time I have owned the Xs but it’s concerning considering it’s a £1k device, I shall post this in the thread you pointed me too.

Thanks again,
Adam.