Thinking about coming back to iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Apr 18, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I've been using the S5 for about a week now and before that flipped back and forth between the S4 and iPhone. I don't know why but whenever I get tired of a certain device, I turn back to the trusty old iPhone. The S5 is just to big for me to handle comfortably and with all of the bugs in the software of the S4 & S5, the simplicity of the iPhone is calling me back.... :confused:

2. Atrin1 macrumors regular

wait for the iphone 6 to come out in september

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've never liked Samsung devices due to TouchWiz. With the current crop of devices available, I'd check out the Nexus 5, the HTC One(M8) and the Moto X. They all have some sort of compromise(of course), but they're all good phones in their own right.

4. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

Camera is weak on all of them and that's one of my top things I need in a camera.

----------

Ugh! I know but in terms of technology, that is a long time! The 5S will still have some decent re-sale value.

Not sure I can or want to go through the entire summer with this huge S5.

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Same boat. I'm returning the S5 and picking up a 5c. When the 6 comes out you can just sell the 5s or 5c and recoup some of the cost. :)

6. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

Just curious what aren't you liking about the S5? Was this your first Android device?

7. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Thinking about coming back to iPhone...

Get the 5s today and get the 6 when it comes out. No reason to suffer a day longer with a phone you don't like.

8. Dontazemebro, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Honestly, at this point I don't think I could use anything other than the Note series for my Android device. I tried liking the S4 for about a month but it was so bug ridden and laggy that I traded it away, also, being on Sprint didn't help none either.

The Note 3 on the other hand is entirely different, even with touchwiz it's so buttery smooth and offers the best Android experience for me. 2 similar styled phones from the same company yet 2 totally different experiences. I would suggest the Note series to anybody if they were okay with the size. It really is a great device.

9. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

If it's too big get a 5S. 6 will be as big as your phone now most likely.

10. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Not necessarily. If the iPhone is 4.7" with thin bezels, it'll be easier to grip and use with one hand than the S5

11. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

No it wasn't my first Android. I was having some issues with lag/stuttering after only opening a few apps. I had a Note 3 before picking up the S5 and it felt much smoother.

----------

This. You can sell it and recoup most of it. No point suffering for the next 5-6 months. ;D

12. KillaMac Suspended

Htc m8. I have owned 5 galaxy s devices with my recent note 3. You will enjoy it much better. Also fits better in the hand.

13. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

I think the Nexus 5 is a much better option for those who love iPhones and are on the fence about Android. It has the cleanest design of any Android phone both in terms of software and the handset itself, and an excellent non AMOLED screen. Samsung phones are powerhouses but in terms of design they are quite messy, and TouchWiz is probably the most annoying OEM skin on the planet.

I'd say give the Nexus 5 a go if you really are interested in Android. Letting just the Galaxy phones represent all Android phones is like letting a pizza with eggs, tuna, capers, anchovy, meatballs and mustard represent all pizzas. It packs a punch but tastes weird and looks like ****.

14. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

There is nothing like an iphone.

I myself tried note 3 a while back and moved back to 5s.

15. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Agreed completely. The Nexus 5 was by far the best experience I had in android. If only they had a flashlight option in quick settings like iOS has.

16. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Yeah those quick settings are rather nifty. And I love how they are available without even unlocking the phone. I have a flashlight toggle right on the home screen which works very well too though, using Power Toggles. It also gives me a one-touch toggle for the WiFi hotspot which I absolutely love.

17. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

That's what I don't understand about Google and Android. They're STILL dealing with UI lag and stuttering? How long has it been now? The VERY FIRST iPhone didn't have lag and stuttering!

You'd think with all the CPU power and memory they're throwing at Android that it would be completely lag free but nope. This is one of the big things that keeps me away from Android, I can't STAND UI lag, it's jarring and annoying. iOS has always gotten this right; everything is silky smooth.

GET IT RIGHT ALREADY, Google!

18. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Um.... Good luck finding lag on the nexus 5. For the two weeks I had it.... It was smoother and faster than my iphone 5s. I didn't keep it because it didn't get good signal but it was most likely a lemon unit. Android Kitkat has some real useful features. It is ever bit the mature os as ios is at this point in time. People just prefer different things.

I have the galaxy s5 now and will most likely go ahead and sell my iphone 5s. I absolutely love it... I didn't notice any lag, but that could be because I use Nova launcher and I'm not overly ocd about it. Those few instances of lag will most likely be fixed with a software update....just like apple had some things to fix with ios 7.1

I will strongly, strongly consider the iphone. The galaxy s5 has some really advantages I am coming to find, do we will see.

19. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Anyway come back! Nothing matches the build quality of an iPhone and Android is just a mess compared to iOS. Don't know why so many people using an Android phone except for the bigger display. Fortunately this argument will be gone this year.

20. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

The subpar camera and weak external speaker really hold me back from the Nexus. The battery life is mediocre too, IMO.

----------

He larger display is the main reason I've given Android a try. I also like the ability to customize home screens with widgets too. ios needs to get on par with the competition with the customization part of their OS.

21. bubbleboil macrumors member

Created a account to post this.
    For androids, I think either u get nexus or u get either HTC or Sony phone. Samsung's touch wiz makes the phone lag. If u use HTC or Sony phone, it's a totally different experience and almost lag free, especially those after snapdragon s4 chips

22. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Didn't have any lag or stuttering issues with my HTC One, or the Nexus 5 I was playing around with the other day. I've got a friend with a Moto X and I didn't notice any issues when messing around with it either. Although, I'll admit I didn't spend a ton of time using it.

My main phone is an iPhone 5s mainly because of iMessage. My point being, I'm so used to a perfectly smooth experience on the iPhone, lag and stutter would be pretty noticeable. And it is. On Samsung devices running TouchWiz, like the GS4. I haven't used a Note 3, so I can't comment on that one.

23. sandmanfvr macrumors member

I've been a Craigslist fool and swapped phones so much, my wife was about to throttle me. :p Last year I had (still have) a lumia 920, to try windows phone 8 as I like windows phone 7 but it lacked so much. Well later on I went to Craigslist and got a 4s, and been stable on it for over a year. I had an iPhone 4 and when they did the maps update, apple in their infinite stupidity left the 4 behind with no gps turn by turn (don't tell me the A5 dual core needed, been using turn by turn on single core android devices and blackberries much longer, apple wanted to push the 4s), and I got irritated and I use gps with turn by turn some. So I got rid of my iPhone 4. When I came back, I got a 4s so I had siri and full gps AND 32 gigs as 16 is to small, and well I am very happy. Part of the iPhone 4 issue was my fault, The 4s just hit and I just jumped on a 4, and should have waited like a week or two and the 4s stock would come back.

Since you keep coming back, the IOS environment is where you like to be. I have used Android from 1.5 to 4.x, WebOS, Blackberries (non Blackberry 10), Windows Phone 7,7.5 and 8, and well IOS is it for me. I see why so many are unhappy with an IOS purchase, especially the phone: They did like me, they settled. At that time, if I had gotten the 4s I would have been on it and never jumped to android temporarily and gotten a lumia 920, wasted my time and money. If people, like myself, would just buy the model they want and with the storage they want, then they would be happy for at least a year. DON'T SETTLE, buy what you want. You say you like a big screen and widgets, well iPhone 6 is the big screen for apple (finally, they took long enough) and well widgets are just a drain on a phone for me. I liked them and usually battery drain and stuttering because those widgets are running, and frankly I like ios without them. I think you should get a 5c or 5s, enjoy it for the experience and see how the iPhone 6 announcement is. I think the iPhone 6 will be what you want, minus widgets. Again to be honest, widgets are nice but the polish and abilities of IOS 7 out weight them to me. :cool:

24. aleni macrumors 68020

No UI lag in n5. Good enough. The best android experience i had. But one thing is the touch responsiveness. It has delay unlike iphone. Especially when you move across in clash of clans.

25. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I believe I read somewhere that was gone. Maybe andantech?

I love both ios and Android. I use both.