Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
I believe I read somewhere that was gone. Maybe andantech?

I love both ios and Android. I use both.

Yea i love both too. N5 ui is fast and fluid. Especially if you turn on ART in developer option. But what i hate about android is third party apps arent as polished as the ios counter part. For example, line messenger is laggy in nexus 5 when you try to scroll a long conversation, in ios. It's so smooth.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Yea i love both too. N5 ui is fast and fluid. Especially if you turn on ART in developer option. But what i hate about android is third party apps arent as polished as the ios counter part. For example, line messenger is laggy in nexus 5 when you try to scroll a long conversation, in ios. It's so smooth.

I have actually found that applies to both sides, app wise. Some android apps are better than there counerparts. Honestly, It's hard to give on a leg up.

Now tablets wise, iPad all the way. It's not even close at this point in time. I think it will get closer with time, but it isn't there yet.

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
I use both my iPhone 5s and Note 2 for work. I believe I will be getting either a Note 3 or HTC(M8) and it never fails that the simplicity of the iPhone wins. Android has a lot of things going on that I never use and after installing apps the phones just lag. Maybe the new devices won't lag but from what I'm reading seems to be the norm. I jailbreak my iPhone only to be able to use Touch i.d. to lock certain apps and thats about it. I've played around with the S5 and like it because it's different from iOS but when it's all said and done iOS just works for me...

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
Sealed the deal today. Back to iPhone 5S! Happy to rid myself of the GS5!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.