Thinking about returning my 4s....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulie6978, Oct 15, 2011.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Really not all that impressed. Feel like its the same speed as my iPhone 4.... Takes a while to load up aPps, my camera etc.... I honestly don't notice much difference... I need input, really confused here

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I could see it.

It's not a dramatic change up from the iPhone 4, so if the $$ is a lot for you, then it might not make sense.

Depends on how important Camera + Siri are. Or supporting the latest high end games.

arn

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Whatever makes you happy.
    You do have 30 days I believe.

4. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

I dunno I feel it's really not a major upgrade for the major $$$$$

5. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just upgraded because I can sell my old ip4 to cover the cost of the 4s and then some. Win win

6. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Siri messes stuff up when I talk as in not knowing what I'm saying. And th phone takes almost longer to load up then my iPhone 4....

Would it make sense to put it on say eBay?? Or just take it to apple ?

7. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I'd just take it back to Apple.

I was pretty sure I was going to be keeping my 4 for another year even before the announcement. While the Siri screenshots my friends are plastering all over Facebook are entertaining, it's not even near enough to make me want to upgrade especially since there's already progress on porting it to the 4.

8. rkeato1 macrumors regular

Yeah, the only reason I upgraded was because I have a 3gs. If I had a 4 I don't think I would have bothered. If you feel like it wasn't worth the $$, don't second guess yourself! :apple:

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. No point in keeping something that you are not happy with.

10. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Takes longer to load up doing what?

My iPhone 4S is substantially faster than my iPhone 4, and more importantly, so much smoother. My iPhone 4 would lock up a bit if I was like streaming off Spotify and I was switching back and forth from facebook and safari.

iPhone 4S is silky smooth. Camera is SOOOOO much better, no more over saturation ^_^.

Oh, and the dataspeeds on the AT&T one are sooo much better. I would average between 1-2 Mbps (usually 1.5 from home) with the iPhone 4S I am hitting 4 consistantly from home, and when I have a really good signal like I did earlier today, I hit 5.6Mbps ^_^

11. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Did you sell your iPhone 4? Because you can definitely sell it for more than you paid for your new phone.

12. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

i doubt that. i paid an arm and a leg since i didnt have the early upgrade..... i think thats why im a little peeved...

yes the phone is smoother but my data speeds seem the same as my 4 and i dont notice any difference in switching apps etc since upgrading to IOS 5 on my ip 4

13. Berek macrumors member

Berek

I understand. I originally bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and returned it 10 days later for the iPad 2. I already had a first gen Ipad so that's why I wanted to try Samsung. That didn't work for me. I love the iPad 2 compared to the iPad 1.

As for the 4s, I upgraded from the 3GS so I'm having a blast with it.

14. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

You really can't tell the difference when browsing the web? Side by side my iPhone 4S loads pages like twice as fast as my iPhone 4 did.

You may not be in a HSPA+ area with regard to 3G speeds.

I definitely can understand your feeling if it was an early upgrade though.

I got mine because I was up for upgrade and with selling my old phone the cost was covered. The upgrade will do me no good since when the next phone comes out (assuming it's the LTE iPhone I'm waiting for) I plan to buy an Unlocked device anyway, so I figured I may as well burn the upgrade and restart the clock now.

Though I could never go back to my 4 now.

15. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

going from 3G or 3GS would be ideal, from a 4...not so much. which is why im holding out until next year. the new camera, A5 chip and siri was not impressive and already had plans to wait anyways. i even told my mom who had the 3G to upgrade to the 4 for $99 and not spend the extra $100 for the 4S since i didnt think it was needed. she agreed.

16. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

If your heart's not in it, return it for a full refund and purchase a used iPhone 4. A little inconvenient, but no big deal really.

Then get the iPhone 5 next year. : )

If you sell it, then you still have to buy another phone...

But if you didn't renew your contract - keep the 4S and sell it when you're eligible for an upgrade (typically 18 months in) and get the 5.

I gotta say though... the 5 may look different, but it will most likely have the same guts as the 4.

----------

Wait!? You still have your 4? If so, just return the 4S and don't worry about it.

17. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Think of it this way if you want...heres what I do.

I bought the iPhone 4 in June 2010 which brought my upgrade to June 2011. Upgraded to 4S....Now say the 6 releases in the summer. Well I can't upgrade till 2013...so I will sell my 4S for how much I can get, and pay the rest out of pocket (Which should not be that much.)

Plus the 6 could release in summer or next October.

the 4S was a great upgrade for me coming from the 4 because of Siri, camera, faster and I finally can make calls in Orange County!!! Haha.

18. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

i was gonna sell my 4...... but i think im gonna return this

need more input

19. newyorksole macrumors 68030

reasons I'm getting 4S (upgrading from 4)

Siri- although I'm getting along just fine with setting reminders/getting info manually, Siri makes things so much easier and saves the time typing.

8MP Camera- I have taken thousands of pictures with my iPhones. The pictures look great on the 4, but why not get an even BETTER camera in it.

64GB- I like keeping ALL my music and most of my pictures on my iPhone because it's my only mobile device. My 32GB constantly gets full.

WHITE!- I got the iPhone 4 in black and when the white came out almost a year later, I wanted it. Looks a lot better and doesn't show smudges on the white.

Better Call Quality & Faster Internet- I use AT&T which means up to 14.4MBPS. I am always on Safari, Twitter, Facebook etc and don't always have WiFi so the improved speed is such a plus. Also, the dual antenna switching will make for less dropped calls.

Overall Speed Bump- Opening applications, texting, everything is just quicker on the 4S. Again, I use my iPhone all the time and love it. So why not get an even BETTER version.

SELL OLD PHONE TO MAKE UP PRICE DIFFERENCE!- Biggest thing is being able to sell the older iPhone for $300 and put that towards the new phone. If you don't have an upgrade you'll have to pay a couple hundred, but if you do then the old phone should cover the cost.