Thinnest Case that Protects the Camera Lens

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cscottrun, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

Hi all. I recently purchased this case:

http://www.amazon.com/JETech®-Shock..._1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1411389744&sr=1-1

It's perfect, except the cutout for the camera is off centered, so I'm looking for a new one. I want to stay thin, however, not so thin where I can't lay it on its back without lens touching whatever surface its sitting on. Basically I want the case thin, but thick enough to keep the lens floating.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I have a 6.

2. srcstc macrumors member

pics?

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Apple has already protected the lens by making it out if sapphire. Nothing but diamonds can scratch it. ;)

4. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

6. jdlorinser macrumors member

7. scottw324 macrumors 6502

Look on Amazon for the Spigen Thin Fit Smooth Black case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MAWSV0M/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1411869005&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

Doesn't get much thinner than that. Almost feels like there is no case. It will keep the camera lens elevated so as not to touch a surface. So far I like it.

8. FuzzMunky macrumors regular

I agree with you, essentially. However, there are some people who freak out about the aluminum ring around the sapphire lens. it is easily scratched and is kind of asking for it, the way it is the first point of contact with any surface you lay the phone down on. So if the plan is to keep an immaculate phone, enough to sell it for the mega bucks next year, you should get a case at least deep enough to bury the lens.

9. Slimmyhendrix macrumors regular

Thinnest Case that Protects the Camera Lens

I just ordered this case today. Will report back on it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181539863994

I already bought a cheap $14 case from best buy. Just generic one that's thick but. Hate how the buttons are under the cover so u don't actually press the button

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

The camera lens does not touch whatever surface the phone is on. The metal ring protects the lens. The only way the lens could be touching the surface is if the camera ring is the only thing touching the surface and the rest of the phone is floating. Think about it.

11. FuzzMunky macrumors regular

The point is, for those wanting sell their phone onwards in immaculate condition, that the metal ring around the lens is a fairly soft aluminum that will easily get scratched. Personally I am not that anal, but I understand why some people might be.

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Have you ever looked at the price differential between a flawless condition phone and a goof condition phone? It's usually less than the price of a cheap case. So people wanting to keep their phones immaculate for better resale value are deluding themselves.