Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Yup those words shouldn’t go together.

I don’t want my X to feel like my plus but I also don’t want it to be cracked from 3 feet.

Anyone found a great option?

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Ringke brand has produced a shell like design for years that covers the top and bottom along with a thin lip for on the screen protection.

Not expensive at all but also not super protective. Basically good for very small drops and scratch protection.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Caudabe The Sheath

This. I used a Sheath on my past phones. Great case. I got the iPhone X version and it’s a nice update. Much more grip, better looking design. I’m using a different Caudabe case right now, but the Sheath is probably the best of the bunch if you want thin + protection.

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
This. I used a Sheath on my past phones. Great case. I got the iPhone X version and it’s a nice update. Much more grip, better looking design. I’m using a different Caudabe case right now, but the Sheath is probably the best of the bunch if you want thin + protection.

I 2nd this. I have the sheath for my X and its got much better grip than the previous versions. Can’t confirm drop protection tho but it looks like it will provide adequate protection

Reactions: THE JUICEMAN

Chino3

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2011
I got this thing today, and it's going immediately back... Looks nothing like the ad, and looks sooooo cheap. Super disappointed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0759JNCJ3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71VdD1lVYQL._SL1500_.jpg

71V4BxDm-XL._SL1500_.jpg

F8m0B1U.jpg

y5CZGek.jpg

Last edited:

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
Not sure what you are used to, but I did purchase this one first
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074342K28/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Found it was way too slippy. Having bought the Spigen Air Skin, I found it was a happy medium between being too grippy or too slippy. I had a similar case on my iPhone 6 and never dropped it once. I feel confident holding the phone with this Spigen case. ;)
Currently I have the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. I want something thinner. This one I have is perfect grippy. I just don’t want something that is slick as hell like for instance the iPhone 7’s were (mine was matte black), damn that thing was insanely slick! Just need a lil’ grip to it is all I ask!! Lol

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Currently I have the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. I want something thinner. This one I have is perfect grippy. I just don’t want something that is slick as hell like for instance the iPhone 7’s were (mine was matte black), damn that thing was insanely slick! Just need a lil’ grip to it is all I ask!! Lol

You might want to give Ringke Air a try. I posted some pics in the case related sticky. I had the Liquid Crystal and think it’s too bulky.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

Chino3

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2011
Those are 2 completely different cases.
I just scoured the box looking for something to identify what model it is... nada. I just went through all their products for iX on their amazon store, cannot find anything that looks remotely like it. baffled...
[doublepost=1510772970][/doublepost]
I bought this and really impressed with it. Thin and protective without making a Versace Phone look like its got a Donkey Jacket on.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074CMDDDR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

does it have any lip to help with a face down position?

Pyrotechnic

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2009
United Kingdom
There is no lip on the case which would protect the screen if it was face down. Personally I don't face it down so this isn't an issue for me, plus I like the smoothness of the lines that compliment those of the phone, so a lip would not be good for me.

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
Tozo case from Amazon. Can’t get much thinner. It does no offer much drop protection, but it does protect from scratches, etc. I buy a couple at a time. Cheap and decent quality. Hardly know it’s there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075...+tozo+case&dpPl=1&dpID=41uX2kfL6CL&ref=plSrch
The Tozo is ideal if just looking for scratch protection.

For good protection without excessive bulkiness, I ended up going with the Spigen Thin Fit and an Anker Karapax screen protector. Very happy with the combo.

Reactions: bopajuice
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.