Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
Just got one of these today:
http://www.just-mobile.com/tenc-iphone.html
pc-288-11.jpg

pc-288xx_04.jpg

It's a bit grippy – sticky almost, but otherwise a very slim case with a soft TPU bumper and hard rear panel, so it's like a Slimmer version of a Spigen Ultra Hybrid, but will way less drop protection. Haven't come across a hard rear with TPU bumper this thin.

Raisivity is low, barely slam boy certifiable (Shout out to Flossy Carter). If I put a glass protector on it, it's likely that would hit first. On the other hand, it's possible those real "edge to edge" glass protectors might go ok with it.

I don't mind it.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
How does the grip compare to the Apple silicone cases?

You know the matte hard PC plastic kind of “grip” (actually slippery)? The Sheath is in between that and the Apple silicone case.

Spigen Liquid Armor uses softer plastic so it can be said it’s more grippy as a whole, but the sides don’t have the texture like the Sheath does, so I think it’s a wash, and the Spigen is needlessly thick. I have both in black and I end up using the Sheath only now whenever I want to use a black case.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
You know the matte hard PC plastic kind of “grip” (actually slippery)? The Sheath is in between that and the Apple silicone case.

Spigen Liquid Armor uses softer plastic so it can be said it’s more grippy as a whole, but the sides don’t have the texture like the Sheath does, so I think it’s a wash, and the Spigen is needlessly thick. I have both in black and I end up using the Sheath only now whenever I want to use a black case.

Really? I don’t think the Sheath for the iPhone X feels anything like that. The last versions did, but Caudabe seemed to have changed the texture entirely for iPhone X. It’s much more textured and grippy than before and definitely grippier than the Apple silicone case. I was using another case but have switched back to the Sheath for my primary case. Great case.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Just got one of these today:
http://www.just-mobile.com/tenc-iphone.html
pc-288-11.jpg

pc-288xx_04.jpg

It's a bit grippy – sticky almost, but otherwise a very slim case with a soft TPU bumper and hard rear panel, so it's like a Slimmer version of a Spigen Ultra Hybrid, but will way less drop protection. Haven't come across a hard rear with TPU bumper this thin.

Raisivity is low, barely slam boy certifiable (Shout out to Flossy Carter). If I put a glass protector on it, it's likely that would hit first. On the other hand, it's possible those real "edge to edge" glass protectors might go ok with it.

I don't mind it.

I believe this is the same case:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-THINNE...var=581924348566&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.