Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Pre-orders for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 will begin at 12:01 a.m Pacific Time on September 14, which is just hours away. While Apple tends to offer the smoothest, more streamlined pre-order process through its website and Apple Store app, multiple carriers and retailers will also be offering September 14 pre-orders.

There are no rumors suggesting supplies of the new devices are going to be constrained, but it's always a good idea to pre-order early if you're aiming for a launch day device. It's a good idea to have a backup plan if Apple happens to sell out of a particular device that you're aiming for.

iphonexsxsmax-800x663.jpg

Below, we've rounded up the carriers and retailers in the United States that we've confirmed are offering pre-orders for the new Apple Watch and iPhone models.

Carriers

tmobile_logo-800x264.jpeg

T-Mobile will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 14.

Customers can elect to sign up for a reminder email on the T-Mobile website, and those with the T-Mobile app will receive a push notification when pre-orders go live.

T-Mobile's Equipment Installment Plan will require a $279.99 down payment for the 64GB iPhone XS, with monthly payments at $30. Higher down payments of $429 and $629 are required for the 256 and 512GB models.

For the iPhone XS Max, T-Mobile will require customers to pay $379.99 up front, with monthly payments at $30 per month. A downpayment of $529 is required for the 256GB iPhone XS Max, while a $729 downpayment is required for the 512GB iPhone XS Max.

T-Mobile customers can get an aluminum Apple Watch Series 4 model for $0 down with monthly payments of $20.83 for the 40mm version and $22.08 for the 44mm version. Stainless steel models will require a downpayment of $171.99 (40mm) or $221.99 (44mm) with a monthly payment of $22.

T-Mobile says that its "super well-qualified customers" can pre-order iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max models for $0 down, with the chart above pertaining to "well-qualified customers," so pricing may vary.

Customers who trade in an eligible iPhone can get up to $300 towards the purchase price of a new iPhone.

ATT-new-2016-logo-800x302.jpg

AT&T will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 14. AT&T will also be offering the Apple Watch Series 4 starting on September 14.

AT&T is featuring a countdown to when pre-orders begin on its website, and customers can also sign up to receive an email when pre-orders go live.

Pricing for the iPhone XS starts at $41.63 per month for 24 months using AT&T's Next payment installment program. Pricing for the iPhone XS Max starts at $45.80 per month for 24 months using AT&T Next.

verizonlogo-800x206.jpg

Verizon will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 14.

There is a countdown to pre-orders on the Verizon website, and customers can sign up for email updates.

iPhone XS pricing at Verizon starts at $41.66 per month for 24 months, while iPhone XS Max pricing starts at $45.83 per month for 24 months.

Verizon will be selling the Apple Watch Series 4 for $83.33 per month paid over six months, with the company planning to temporarily waive line charges when a new Apple Watch is activated.

Verizon is offering a promomotion that provides $700 off a second iPhone when purchasing an iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max using a Verizon device payment plan and activating a new line of service.

As for trade-ins, Verizon is offering a $100 minimum trade-in with iPhone XS or XS Max purchase.

sprintlogo-800x283.jpg

Sprint will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 14.

According to Sprint, Sprint customers can "jump the line" and receive Sprint Priority Status by downloading the MySprint app. Sprint is reserving pre-order spots starting now, allowing customers to save a spot without needing to get up at midnight PT.

Sprint customers are instructed to choose a device and then re-visit the Sprint app by midnight on Saturday, September 15 to place an official order.

xfinitymobilelogo-800x128.jpg

Comcast's Xfinity Mobile will be offering iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max pre-orders starting at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 14.

Retailers

bestbuy-800x345.jpg

Best Buy confirmed to MacRumors that it will begin accepting pre-orders for Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T iPhone XS and XS Max models at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 14.

Apple Watch Series 4 pre-orders will also be available at the same time.

targetlogo-800x376.jpg

Target will be offering iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 for sale, and while the website does not list a specific availability time, it's likely pre-orders will kick off at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time.

Target will have Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint models available for purchase.

walmart_logo.jpg

Like Target, Walmart is listing the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max as "coming soon," with no specific availability date listed. Apple Watch Series 4 is also listed as "coming soon."

We've asked Walmart for clarification, but it's likely pre-orders will begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time.

bandhphoto-800x409.jpg

B&H Photo is accepting pre-orders for the Apple Watch Series 4 starting at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, September 14. Most customers ordering from B&H Photo will not need to pay taxes as taxes are only applicable in New York or New Jersey.

B&H Photo does not sell iPhones and will not have iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max models available.

Article Link: Third-Party Retailers and Carriers Offering iPhone XS, XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 Pre-Orders Tonight

Last edited:

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
If anyone sees a carrier or retailer I've left out that's offering pre-orders tonight, let me know and I'll add it to this list.

MarkieMark92

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2013
London, UK
I do miss the all night waiting in line, people going down the line wanting to either sell you a case or buy your phone, watching the TV trucks roll in, and complementary food/water. Now its the lonely 3:01am App Store...

It seems like a stupid question but are People going to be able to stand in a line outside Apple this year and queue for the iPhone or is it not going to happen again?

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
My shift starts at midnight so imma clock in early and be ready to finalize my purchase at one minute after midnight

Focusx0131

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2017
They almost make it sound like you’ll be able to walk-in and buy one without camping. Times have changed. Hopefully the XR will be as widely available next month.

Reactions: whirldy

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
They almost make it sound like you’ll be able to walk-in and buy one without camping. Times have changed. Hopefully the XR will be as widely available next month.
Hope so, that would be nice for a change. Although my guess is you'd still want to get there early...

Surprised nobody is offering carrier deals this year. AT&T wouldn't even move up my upgrade eligibility by 2 days so I can upgrade without penalty. :rolleyes:

c1phers

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2011
If you buy at Target with the Red Card, do you get a 5% discount? I might buy my watch from there if that’s the case.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
It seems like a stupid question but are People going to be able to stand in a line outside Apple this year and queue for the iPhone or is it not going to happen again?

Some people have posted in other threads that they are going to camp out. I’m sure many people do. Just not crazy long lines at every store for days like in the past.

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012

The Xr isn't showing as available "unlocked no carrier" (in later October of course) - that's normally a tipoff they're expecting supplies to be tight...that could change of course, but if it doesn't expect a more supply constrained situation.

I'm waiting till all 3 are available and I can see them before deciding. Course that'll basically be a month and a half from now. ;-)

Reactions: whirldy

coolaaron88

macrumors regular
May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Can you fix the AT&T information? The pricing that you have listed is for AT&T Next and not AT&T Next Every Year. The Next Every Year Pricing is $60.38/mo

dimabear

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Why on earth would anyone buy an Apple device from a third-party instead of Apple?

5% Discount at Target using their Target Red Card
It's a lot easier to park and walk into my local Target than the local Apple Stores
It's a lot easier to buy an Apple Watch at my local Target than the local Apple Stores

For an iPhone, I'd prefer to buy at the local Apple Stores than Target though b/c the buying process is seamless. OMG buying an iPhone at Target is a headache. You need to get help from Target Tech (limited hours availability), a bunch of paperwork to sign, and takes a awhile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.