Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
We all know it's been a long time for a Mac Mini refresh, but I didn't want to wait longer to get one for my son. I bought a package used on Craigslist (the initial 1-year warranty from Apple just expired). Paid $600 for everything below.

Here's the details:
- 2011 Mac Mini w/i7 2.7 (upgraded version), 4GB RAM, 500gb HDD, AMD 6630M graphics
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Wireless Trackpad
- Apple TimeCapsule 500gb (I think the oldest original version)

Tested it out yesterday and everything seems to be working perfectly and its all in great like-new condition. I don't really need the TimeCapsule since I have a newer Airport Extreme so I may just sell the TimeCapsule.

I want a refresh mainly for the USB 3.0, but I thought for what it was worth, even used, this was a pretty fair deal. What do you think? Thanks!

Last edited:

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
We all know it's been a long time for a Mac Mini refresh, but I didn't want to wait longer to get one for my son. I bought a package used on Craigslist (the initial 1-year warranty from Apple just expired). Paid $600 for everything below.

Here's the details:
- 2011 Mac Mini w/i7 2.7 (upgraded version), 4GB RAM, 500gb HDD, AMD 6630M graphics
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Wireless Trackpad
- Apple TimeCapsule 500gb (I think the oldest original version)

Tested it out yesterday and everything seems to be working perfectly and its all in great like-new condition. I don't really need the TimeCapsule since I have a newer Airport Extreme so I may just sell the TimeCapsule.

I want a refresh mainly for the USB 3.0, but I thought for what it was worth, even used, this was a pretty fair deal. What do you think? Thanks!

I think thats a great deal. Congrats!

lilsoccakid74

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
I think you made a good choice, thats a nice bundle there for $600. If you think you need the new one when it comes out, you could always resell for most of the cost:)

Enjoy your mini!

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah, it seems like a decent machine and should hold up I'd assume for a couple years at least. I just ordered more RAM for 8gb total ($40) and a 256gb SSD drive as well ($165). Once I get those and installed, it should fly!

I did confirm that the warranty is expired on it though.

I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do with the TimeCapsule, but may give it to my in-laws just to use as a wireless router in their house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.