This beta is really unstable.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rtomyj, Jun 20, 2014.

1. rtomyj, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

I keep getting things turned off or deleted. Lets get a list going to submit...

1) Siri
    2) iMessage
    3) app data gets ereased. Have to go through tutorials...

-----------

4) cannot pick up calls on some instances.
    5) sleep/wake button not working
    6) Location services gets turned off.

If you are running into any problems remember to report them yourself.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I'm not sure I understand. You need to file your own bug reports as they are specific to your phone.

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

4. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

OMG a really unstable beta, Apple will collapse and bankrupt in no time.. :rolleyes:

5. Tubamajuba macrumors 68020

Consider going back to 7.1.1 if it's really bad for you. I've been able to stick it out through all the iOS betas to date, but everything that I use on a daily basis was negatively affected by both iOS 8 betas so far. Therefore, I decided to go back to 7.1.1. I now have a new appreciation for how smooth and stable iOS 7 really is, that's for sure.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

7. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Calm down there guys. Never did I complain. Never did I blame Apple. Just getting more issues to test/report. So rabid xD

8. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Been using it as my daily OS, and Apple is going down. Unstable you say? I say it's almost unusable, as if it was only intended for developers, and for it to be discussed in Apple's own board. Weird.

9. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Oh brother. Apples dev board isn't very my cup of tea. I'm just getting issues people are having regarding things being turned off or deleted. When did I say Apple was going down hill? When did I say anything about Apple? Did you even read?

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

For me I couldn't slide to answer phone calls and making calls would freeze. I went back to 7.1.1. Hoping beta 3 is better. (reinstalled 3 times, 2 DFU, 1 upgrade from itunes).

11. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Actually got that a couple times too. I'm with you. Gonna put 7.1.1 around Monday. Don't need phone this weekend for anything important.

12. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

It is a bit unstable for me, even more because I've got one of the oldest devices that supports iOS 8, but it's fine for me. I'm used to lag.

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't mind bugs or glitches but when the most basic function of making or receiving calls doesn't work it's time to re-visit.

14. krypto909 macrumors member

krypto909

Both Betas have been very unstable. I don't know if this has been posted yet but has anybody else had a problem with the Power/Wake button not "waking up" the phone when locked? Almost every time I have to press it 3 times before the screen turns on! VERY ANNOYING!!

15. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed and I recommend 7.1.1.

16. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Yes had that happen while driving. I know don't text and drive. Also happened in iOS 7 beta.

----------

True

17. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

don't even worry about it. the culture on this site is to nitpick at people and jump down their throats. you're fine.

i'm having some major issues with beta 2, worse than beta 1 but enough that i think i can stick it out through the next one. Siri randomly switching to Voice Control has been the biggest one for me.

18. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

sorry to hear about your issues. have you reported them to apple? i know i have. the 2 betas have been ok for me, but i notice everyones experience ha been different. have you tried a clean install?

19. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

I did report all my problems. I would clean install but I dont really want to. This way I have all my photos and messages. I know, nitpicky ;-)

----------

I know what you mean. People seem so gung-ho. Especially in the latest iOS subforum.

20. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Also...

The sun is really bright, and water is really wet

21. brand macrumors 601

brand

It sounds more like you're the problem and not the OS. I'm just saying.

22. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

Alright guys, we get that you think you're clever with your "OMG complaining about a beta" comments, but they release betas so that people use them, find bugs, and report them to be fixed.

23. ComputerMan macrumors newbie

Found out the cause for Siri changing back to Voice Control

I have discovered that if you use bluetooth in certain cars, then disconnect bluetooth or turn the car off, you will lose all internet connection through your phone service data plan (not WIFI) until you reboot the phone. There is a setting in IOS 8 that will automatically trigger voice control if the phone cannot detect an internet connection. I bet if you turned off WI-FI, you are no longer able to get online and get emails. This is a MAJOR bug which i already submitted to Apple.

24. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

if one of my friends started ranting at me about how i shouldn't expect the beta to be perfect and shouldn't be running it on my phone in the first place when i was simply trying to show them iOS 8 beta and discuss a couple of the issues it currently has, i'd probably never bother talking to them again. i don't know why people think it's appropriate to behave like that on the internet.
    i think they just want to feel important. i wish people would realize that it's okay to just have a conversation about beta software without reading any further into it.

25. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

I did report all my problems. I would clean install but I dont really want to. This way I have all my photos and messages. I know, nitpicky ;-)

i don't blame you, but every new iOS i transfer my pics to my laptop. i don't care about my messages, i can use that as an excuse if i miss something...lol

lets hope beta 3 works better for u

----------

remember, not everyone is like that.