This forum is a little off-putting...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by APPLENEWBIE, Nov 28, 2007.

1. APPLENEWBIE macrumors 6502a

I am considering getting an iPod Touch. However, based on this forum (just look through the titles!) I wonder if the Ipt is a quality device or not? Seems like a lot of people with issues, more than on most of the other product forums (fora?) Thoughts?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Apple fans bitch a lot. :)

3. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

If you based your opinion of Apple quality by anything on MacRumors, you would think that everything Apple makes is complete garbage.

People like to complain here...ALOT.

4. r21hugo macrumors member

r21hugo

it's great

people only come to the forums to get help or jailbreak, i would definitely recommend, especially if you live somewhere where you can get access to wifi easily and at most times if not you might want consider an iphone.

5. phatboy macrumors member

nobody makes a new topic saying something like:

"wow i just got my touch and its awesome!"

because if everyone that was happy did that then there would be a MAJOR spam issue going on.

so yeah, people post on these forums when they need help with stuff, or when things go wrong.

6. iMouseHD macrumors regular

You are also seeing a lot of new registers who perhaps are not taking the time to search and educate themselves(a growing trend here) before doing something they maybe should not be. They then blame the product for not working or being not good instead of coping to maybe I should have done Some homework first. Out of the box left alone the touch is a solid product.

With some understanding it can be even better.

I type this from mine which I have no regrets in getting.

7. Jestered macrumors 6502

I wouldn't base your buying decision by what is said here. Do some research. Even better go check it out at the Apple Store.

The longer you come to this site the more you will understand that people complain when Apple doesn't update something soon enough, they complain when Apple updates something too soon, they complain about how much Apple charges for something, they complain about Apple cutting prices, etc....

Also, you will probably see that the majority of problems people are having are because they are hacking their IPT and not using it the way it was meant to be used.

8. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

not true! There are this kind of topics, just look for them :)
    I'm bitching a lot on iPod touch but yeah I can recommend it to everone, because besides screen issues it's almost perfect device. But beware, if you happen to get bad screen unit, then your whole excitement will disappear in one second! So sure go ppl buy iPod touch, but check immediately if it's ok, if not then return/exchange the unit for anoher one as long as you have 14 days return policy.

ps: I'm bitching mostly for quality control issues thats something Apple lacks a lot! And this weird bad screen Apple policy - comon how can we suppose not to bitch when Apple are still putting bad screen to new units knowing exactly that they're defective? It's illogical and unacceptable. I know from a reliable source that Apple is going to be putting defective screens till out of stock, and that will be sometime march-april 2008, so many units made till that time gonna be defective... So I feel fully entitled to bitch about this. If we - the customers don't bitch about defective products, they (companies) are not going to make anything to improve quality controls.

9. GT41 macrumors regular

I think its natural that people are complaining because people expect PERFECT from Apply. I've had a iPT for a few weeks now and there is the odd thing I would have liked different (so its not PERFECT in my mind) but its a great toy and has surprised me in how great it is.:)

10. GoodWatch macrumors 6502a

GoodWatch

Really? I hadn't noticed yet :p

11. nickweston macrumors member

2 cents

after 23 years of owning Apple products, which have changed my life, my business, my productivity and my art, I am officially tired of recommending them to people who don't seem to really want an opinion, especially coming from a professional who's been at the cutting edge of the music/movie business for so long.

So many whiners here!

Honestly, my standard line now is buy whatever makes you feel the best, as it seems so many people get emotional for some reason. Me thinks I'm reading posts from the soccer kids generation where mommy made all the decisions, therefore they can't do critical thinking and decide for themselves.

That's why I am recommending the Zune to you. Or the Delta River 1016ES or the SansMemory 42.

12. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

nickweston, what's your point? Is it really that hard for you to accept the fact that Apple makes defective products? And what you expect from someone who bought Touch with bad screen to be happy with it? Don't be ridiculous! You seem to be apple fanboy who doesn't accept any negative opinion about Apple and it's products, even when the products are obiously defective.... The system works very simple - if some company (Apple) produce defective products, there's going to be immediately lots of ppl complainin about it. And that's normal, in spite of what you just said... I just wish you buy some Apple product with let's say... defective screen and then I will listen your praise and gloryfing Apple speech and I will look at your face:cool::D

13. intempo808 macrumors regular

Bear in mind that people that write on these forums are usually in need of help. Also, remember that there are more people out there that are completely happy with their iPod Touch's (like me) and why would they bother posting posts saying "My iPod Touch is awesome!"?

So, take it with a pinch of salt, the majority of people are satisfied with their iPod's, and if you get one I'm sure you will be too!

14. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

the issue is the fact that lots of people have jacked up their ipods from hacking them and come running to daddy when its broken....

15. asmallchild macrumors regular

Let me be the first.

Wow I just got my Week 41 touch and its awesome! (That sounds slightly perverted but you know what I mean)

No problems of any kind.

My biggest concern right now is what kind of additional screen protector can I buy to keep my iPod Touch protected because I'm so neurotic and it's so beautiful that I'd probably keel over and pass out if I found a scratch on it?

16. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

This is OT, sorry, but how come I sometimes see that little text at the top of an entry (like... iPod/Safari/Mozilla 5.0 Mobile blah blah blah) from people's iPhones/Touches... and then sometimes not. Whenever I post from my Touch it shows as just a straight entry. Usually this is fine, but sometimes I kinda want to show off, you know?

17. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I agree with the majority in here they moan ALOT lol also I have found at times when people who are new to all this hacking touch's thing ask questions then people just go on the attack instead of just stopping taking a breathe and helping so PLEASE do not take this place as golden for advice.

my opinion is get the touch, jailbreaking it is SOOO easy, and when you jailbroken it you are open to a whole world of things you can do with the touch. if you ever need help just post on here and theres atleast one person who will take the time and help give step by step help to get you going.

18. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

People who complain about things are always more vocal than people who have nothing to complain about.

19. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I've had my iPod Touch for a couple months or so, and I've been nothing but pleased with it. :)

20. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

The reason all you are off put by this forum is because the only people that post about their iPod Touch is when they have problems, the rest of the 99% of people who bought an iPod Touch are too busy playing with it!

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Same for me.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems his post is a complaint; you're gonna fit in perfectly. :D

23. beaker26 macrumors member

I'm not a hundred percent sure.. But on the bottom left of every Macrumors forum page there is a drop down that says "Mac Rumors 3.5" and if you click on it you can go to "iPhone Friendly" and I would assume for whatever reason that it logs how you posted through that.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That is added to posts by the forum software when you post from the MR mobile sites:

http://forums.macrumors.com/wap

http://mobile.macrumors.com/

The iPhone option is just a slightly different skin for better formatting on the iPhone.

25. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I feel like selling mine but not because of the quality. It's beautiful and everything looks beautiful on it. I just think it's best for someone who doesn't move much. It's not good for the gym, not good in the car, not good while walking (if you want to change a song...no matter how many playlists i make, i want to hear something else). I just find it not as easy to work with on the move as the Nano. I use my 1g Nano more often. I use the Touch at work at my desk. If i had a long train ride everyday, i'd love it more. I'll sell mine when they make a 16g Nano.

Safari does work great on it. It really is like a little computer.