this is getting ridiculous now, almost want to cancel order

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by egeek84, Apr 28, 2015.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

Literally no movement AT ALL on my order since I placed it back at midnight back on preorder night...

I come here every day, checking my order status every second, it has never been this bad.....

Every apple product launch, i've gotten my device ON launch morning if not earlier (iphone 4)

I almost want to cancel my order now, i'm getting so frustrated and i'm already irritated that I stayed up that night for nothing....At least charge me, do something to reassure me that my order will be here sooner rather than later.......

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

What model have you ordered?

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

So if you cancel then what? You wait until June? Just let it ride.

4. RRuxin macrumors newbie

While I feel your frustration (I'm in the exact same boat), cancelling doesn't really do anything but give your spot to someone who is more than happy to take it. Might as well just ride it out like the rest of us and hope that in the end, it was worth the wait.

5. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

It's day five of the first 14-day delivery window. Please be patient.

6. jspicoli macrumors newbie

So far, EVERY order has been delivered earlier than promised or is on schedule. What's the problem?

7. Mildredop macrumors 68020

So what was the original delivery estimate?

8. avalys macrumors 6502

You didn't stay up that late at night for nothing, you will still get your Watch faster than someone who waited until morning.

But yeah, it's ******** that Apple "launched" the Watch with such a poor initial inventory that they couldn't even deliver the first few minutes of pre-orders before launch day.

9. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

10. Sophrosyne macrumors member

Same here man. I know that I ordered almost 90 min after launch PST which also happened to be for the rarest model (42mm Space Gray). It sucks ordering on the pre-order launch day and having no updates/June delivery.

I almost considered buying from Ebay or CL and paying the markup, but I think that's a little extreme. I'm going to hold out and wait. It'll be worth it. Don't cancel :)

11. McPhallus macrumors regular

I hear you, but you've waited this long. If you cancel it now, all that waiting time will be out the window and you'll probably end up regretting it. Focus on something else while you're waiting.

12. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Cancel it.

13. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

You were never promised a watch on launch day, nonetheless the first week.

14. optophobia, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Let me guess ..

They ordered the 42mm Stainless Steel with the black sports band with the original estimated ship date of May 13th - 27th.

Yet the OP is saying its ridiculous because they ordered one of the most popular models and the estimated shipment window is still OVER 2 WEEKS AWAY.

15. sidezero macrumors member

1) You are butt hurt that you spent a lot of money and didn't get instant gratification? Welcome to the real world. You should probably start getting used to disappointment.

2) Clearly the amount of money involved bothers you. Maybe you should re-evaluate your spending habits.

3) Apple never stated you could get up in the middle of the night and have guaranteed delivery on launch day. This was an assumption you made in your head and now you are upset with them for not living up to your expectations based on an assumption you created.

4) The delivery window was clearly advertised when you went to spend your large sum of money. If this was a problem for you then you shouldn't have continued your order.

16. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

It's ******** that you believe Apple or anybody else expected the Apple Watch to eclipse the entire smart watch market in a single night and somehow think they could have possibly been prepared to meet that unprecedented demand with enough inventory for forty different models and variations on launch day.

17. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

You should have canceled already...stop wasting time...do it already...and while you are at it start a canceling revolution...don't stop until you and a couple hundred thousand other people have joined the movement.

Do it for the rest of us. You are the chosen one. :apple:

18. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

Lol, guess I never understood this...
    Yes, we do live in a first world and yes, we have problems...

But what do I know :D

19. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

It's totally understandable to be upset at the delay, but if it makes you cancel the order then I would say you didn't really want it to begin with, and just wanted to be a part of the initial excitement. Maybe you should be grateful.

20. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Not much, if you genuinely can't figure out what that means. =P

21. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

So cancelling your order is going to make you feel better? Why not just go do something else for a few days?

22. kovey macrumors 6502a

I'm glad people are giving the OP so much crap for posting this thread.

23. pmau macrumors 65816

LOL. Thanks, mate.

24. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

Could you be any more condescending?

Please do not make assumptions about my financial situation through posts I make on here.

And yeah, okay, maybe Apple never stated that April 10th pre-orders would get their watches on the 24th, but April 24th was all over the site, so I, being of sound mind and body, thought it would only make sense for someone who ordered a watch within minutes of the preorders going up to expect to receive one on launch day. How foolish of me :roll eyes:

25. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    It's been a bit frustrating. Everything since the iPhone 4S, I've become used to having new products on launch day. But, there's not much one can do about it now except to be patient :)