This is how the iOS 7 Music App should look...

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom

This app is on the UK app store and its called Picky. Its 69p.

It integrates the best of the Music app with the best of the Remote app.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
I prefer the default music app. This is ok I guess. I find the translucent effect more of a distraction.

Altis

macrumors 68030
Sep 10, 2013
This certainly is an improvement over the stark white background... It doesn't make a good surround to photos/album art.

I still do prefer having the dark background that the previous version had, or in some third party apps.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
You could try BlurredMusicApp if you're jailbroken, it's pretty much this. But yeah, the default music app should be the Remote's app UI (this).

weckart

macrumors 601
Nov 7, 2004
No, no, no! I cannot approve of any app that puts Olly Murs, Katy Perry, Jessie J or Ellie Goulding on my iPhone.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
You should report it to apple .. They might consider this ...even I've reported some things, the brought it in the iOS, not the exact one, but similar.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If ur a developer .. Log on to bugreport.apple.
If ur not a developer, become a developer, u can opt to become a free developer(safari developer) ..
Something like that isn't really a bug, so probably the feedback page at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ would be more appropriate.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I think I prefer the clean and straightforward look of Apple's Music app. The Remote app is alright but has severe usability issues depending on the album cover that is displayed. Really looking forward to Apple implementing Up Next functionality though...

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I just want the up next feature from iTunes in the iOS music app. How hard is that apple?

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Rotherham South Yorkshire UK
And while they are at it Collapsed albums like they were in iOs6.

I hate scrolling all the way to the bottom. You should not have to buy 3rd party apps to do do this when it was available free in iOs6.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
and while they are at it collapsed albums like they were in ios6.

I hate scrolling all the way to the bottom. You should not have to buy 3rd party apps to do do this when it was available free in ios6.
This!!!!

Collapsed albums are a must. I'm currently using Picky as a workaround but:

a) Picky is very buggy (though still more usable than the current iOS7 music app)
b) When you pay 400€ for an mp3 player you should not have to pay additional money for a music playback app. An mp3 player that expensive must ship with a decent music app. Period.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
Something like that isn't really a bug, so probably the feedback page at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ would be more appropriate.
We'll Apple doesn't read the feedback page but they do respond in bugreport ... I had requested to get the old buttons back on top on the bars in apps (like in iOS 6 but in an iOS 7 style ) insead of words and a <( eg. <Notifications) they came up with it in 7.1 beta .. They didn't exactly do what I asked but they came up with it ...

We'll they have an option for developers to report a new feature if they want beside posting bugs, and ape does read it feed back form is not actually acknowledged ...