this made me die a little inside.............lol

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ben173, Jun 29, 2011.

1. soco macrumors 68030

soco

PC Mag said the WSJ said their source said...

Relax. Wait 'n' see.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I absolutely hate articles like that. The article title clearly states something but then the actual article says 'it's a prediction that may or may not happen'.

Don't make it sound like its said in stone when you have no idea what you are talking about.

[end rant]

3. flipster macrumors 6502a

No surprise here.

There will be no major physical changes this year, just spec bumps. They just changed the design a year ago, not going to change it again. Also, 4G is still expanding. Just a spec bump this year

4. ben173 thread starter macrumors regular

you think i should just buy the iphone 4 now

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

What does flipster know, that we don't? He's just speculating, this is ALL speculation. I can send an anonymous tip to BGR tomorrow about a 4" screen, and it'll be on the news feed :rolleyes:.
    Analysts are just covering all their bases, so one of them has to come to fruition and when it does they'll say "we told you so", it's all business.

Also, even if you do buy an iPhone 4 now, you'll be locked in for 2 years, so you'll be waiting for the iPhone 7 with the rest of us except you'll have an iPhone 4. Moreover, why pay such a high price for a phone that's over 1 year old, and for the same price you'd be getting the latest thing in 3 months?

Until i see legit pictures, i'm not believing any of this and sticking to my speculations.

6. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Do you need the iPhone 4 now? if not wait and see what the update has to offer. Worst case scenario you get a price cut on the iPhone 4 later.

7. ben173, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011

ben173 thread starter macrumors regular

yes i really do need an new phone the out side of my iphone 3g is PERFECT but in the inside i think is just getting old and slow and i tried restoring it and it wont let my i do not know why

8. flipster macrumors 6502a

It most certainly is, but come on, use your knowledge ;)!

Q: Bigger screen?

A: No, iPhone 4's selling point is "retina display". Bumping the screen up to 4" would drive it below the value point of 300ppi. You say just increase the resolution then? But then all of our glorious apps will be skewed, blurry and messed up!

Q: 4G?

A: No :)! AT&T and Verizon's 4G market is still expanding, which in turn gives Apple another year to come up with a new concept. It's also been rumored that the 4g "chip" doesn't fit into the iPhone's current design. If that's the case, your gonna need a bigger phone, which gives apple the opportunity of a redesign for next year.

Q: Redesign this year?

A: No! But why!? Apple has just released a brand new concept design last year which CLEARLY took them awhile to figure out. Give it another year, it's not changing that soon!

Q: Spec bump, then?

A: Yes :)! Due to the reasons stated above, you have to think rational. Apple slowly adds new features to every single one of their products. Think iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.

Q: Then what will be in the spec bump?

A: Most likely a better front facing camera, better back camera, dual core A5 chip, some type of improvement for battery life, and something software wise.

I am basing this off of my current knowledge. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

You can increase screen size without lowering ppi.

They should 100% do a redesign so I can use my phone without my calls dropping or my ear muting the call at least once a day.

10. skier777 macrumors 6502

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Again, it's all speculation. Most of your points can be taken the other way as well:

1. Bigger screen is a possibility, as the iPhone can go up to 3.8" and staying above the magical 300 retina number. Now, what good is a .3" screen size increase? A lot.

2. Yes, I think everyone has realized that the next iPhone will not be 4G.

3. Apple released a brand new design last year, and it had the worst publicity the iPhone ever got. From Antennagate, to proximity sensor, to glass cracking, etc. Not to mention the lack of White, and how the phone isn't ergonomic to hold in the hand. The iPhone 3G/S feels much better on the hand.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but it took Apple 18 months of development for the iPhone 4 (including coming up with the design). Well the iPhone 5 will be over 1 year in development (apprx. 15 months counting from last June) if it is to launch at the rumored month of September. I would be surprised if Apple doesn't change the case design.

4. A spec bump is given. Some random developer was given A5 Dual Core iPhone 4, (Apple always brings in devs at the iPhone event, to show how they can make use of the hardware improvements in the next iPhone) and called it the 'iPhone 4S', now everyone is throwing it around.
    Are you saying that the world's #1 tech company can't come up with a new case design after over a year in development, when a newly designed Android phone is coming out every month?

5. That's a given

It doesn't take a genius to speculate. :)

12. Fleon85 macrumors member

buy the iPhone 4

I bought it last Monday and it's amazing the data speed it is close to 4g and you can always sell it on ebay or craigslist when the iPhone 5 comes out

13. flipster macrumors 6502a

36 months. 3G and 3GS were the same design. Of course apple can come up with a redesign in no time. Doesn't mean they will though. Market strategy $$$$. Hell, they can make it 4G if they REALLY wanted too. Oh and don't confuse yourself about redesigns and droids! Apple is one company making ONE phone. Android is an operating system, all the droids are made by many different companies (HTC, Motorola, samsung).

14. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Apple used to be able to go 36 months with the same design, but that was when they owned the smart phone market. They're going to look pretty sad if they don't put out a new design after 16 months. It's not 2007 any more.

15. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I totally agree! PCmag is one rubbish publication,,,these articles are based on nothing concrete,,,,,,its the equivalent of HEAT magazine in UK,,,,utter rubbish!

16. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Bingo.

iPhone was top dog then. I still think the 4 is top shelf, but it now shares that shelf with a couple Android phones.

iOS brought me back from Android one time, but I need a new phone soon. And a spec bump on the same hardware isnt gonna cut it for me.

17. 7thMac macrumors 6502

That's kind of a strong reaction. The timing of new models is fun to talk about but sometimes gets blown out of proportion.

18. 03jcrhr macrumors member

I can't see the iPhone having 4G until at the very earliest next year. I am based in the UK and I think I am right in saying that no carriers are providing 4G signal yet and that they are only just about to start auctioning off the 4G radiowaves/airspace (whatever it is) now.

19. flipster macrumors 6502a

We'll see in September. I am not being pessimistic but realistic.

20. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

This woman doesn't know what she's talking about, she's just speculating...also..."baby" iPhone?! [​IMG]

21. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, this will kind of suck, if it’s true, but I’m willing to wait. Perhaps that’ll mean the next phone is really a wow phone.

Because of the economy, the wars overseas, and the various disasters playing out over the world, Apple has decided to lower the price of its current iPhones, giving consumers more money to spend on the economy elsewhere and further attempting to put an iPhone in every person’s hand. In the mean time, Apple will build more factories (more jobs), and work on the next version of the iPhone. In a stunning move to show his support for the good ol’ U. S. of A., Jobs will have new factories built here in the U.S. that only use American parts. It will be called the aPhone (a for American). Steve will donate the parts as a gesture of good will and to show he loves his customers, because otherwise the phone would cost $$$ with the wages that Americans expect compared to the Chinese. Eventually, a grass roots campaign would start to have Steve Jobs elected as President.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That’s me speculating. Anyone can do it.:):rolleyes:

22. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Does it require the use of stirrups or any type of gag? Otherwise, I'm down.

23. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Exactly, the question now comes down to is whether Apple will arrogantly stick with the old design or make a new one.
    I'm aware that Android is an operating system, i'm not confusing myself with anything. But keep in mind that Apple is the #1 company in the world, one big company and could buy out Motorola, HTC, RIM, Nokia if it wanted to. Point being, even if you single the companies out, for example HTC also has made various Android phones in a year. It'll be pathetic if Apple doesn't do a redesign, when we all know it is very capable of doing so.
    I believe the iPhone 5 will tell us if the iPhone 3GS was an anomaly which people believe.

I'm being realistic as well, i don't see how this isn't realistic. Anything short of this will be a disappointment.

24. flipster macrumors 6502a

They've been known to disappoint people because of unrealistic expectations. It all comes down to money, just like every other company. They are no different.

Wow, I really do sound like a pessimistic d*uchebag hahahaha :). Anyway, time will tell. They've been known to do crazy things, so we'll see!