Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmail22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
Hello-For several months now I am seeing a message on my Mac, Monterey and Ventura, when I view my Mac Mail there are messages without any content. A message reads, "this message has no content".
What is odd is when I open Mac Mail on my iPhone, I can read the content just fine.
Has anybody else experienced this and does someone know the cause or the fix? I already went to the Mac store and spoke with a technician who never knew this issue existed and didn't have a fix at all.
There are instances where if I receive 10 new emails on my Mac, all of them might have the, "this message has no content". Could be any time of the day, morning-noon-overnight. Yet on my iPhone the emails appear normal and the content is visible.

Thanks

Reactions: QuantumOfSouls

Bigbear288

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2023
Same here bit 90% of the time my mail does not say no content but all I have is the header but no content but I can see it fine on my iPhone and in web mail.I cant believe this problem has gone on this long.

InnSuu

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2022
Hello-For several months now I am seeing a message on my Mac, Monterey and Ventura, when I view my Mac Mail there are messages without any content. A message reads, "this message has no content".
What is odd is when I open Mac Mail on my iPhone, I can read the content just fine.
Has anybody else experienced this and does someone know the cause or the fix? I already went to the Mac store and spoke with a technician who never knew this issue existed and didn't have a fix at all.
There are instances where if I receive 10 new emails on my Mac, all of them might have the, "this message has no content". Could be any time of the day, morning-noon-overnight. Yet on my iPhone the emails appear normal and the content is visible.

Thanks
Getting the same issue.
the drag to another mail box and/or delete, then undo, is not always recovering all the emails that do this. It's become an epidemic. The kind of basics Apple do not care about imho.
And yes, I also see them on my super-vpn'd/adblocked phone, but not on my vanilla macbook. Sigh...

Michael0321

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2022

Thanks
Have had this issue since around Dec '22 when I upgraded to Ventura on my 16" MacBook Pro M1. Only have an iCloud email account and only Word/Excel installed, and no other anything. Consistently receiving emails saying "This email has no content", or the body of email is there but attachments do not load (sometimes with a stalled progress bar, sometimes without any indication that the attachment did not load, and sometimes the attachment is there, but not the body of the email). Even emails from Apple Support come in without content. Mail unexpectedly quits at least 2-3 times per day. On iPhone, iPad, and iCloud.com everything is perfect. Spent hours on the phone with Apple Support on multiple occasions. Rebuilt the mailbox, signed out and back into iCloud, set up a new user account, completely erased the system and reinstalled Ventura 13.3. Same problem exists. Brought it to the Genius Bar last week and did not get a resolution - Genius said it is definitely a software issue. Got home and erased the system again and installed Monterrey. The same problem continues.

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012
For me it only happens if the first item in the mail is an image

I can always see it perfectly on my Android phone (am I allowed to say that?) so I just forward it to another of my emails if I need it on the Mac. The image is not the first item and so I get the full mail, plus stuff at the front that shouldn't be necessary

ArdRi

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2023

Thanks
I had the same problem so I dragged the message from my inbox to the bin and then back again and it solved it, every time.

crowe-t

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2014
Satellite Of Love
I'm having the same problem with some mail having no content in Mail Ver 16.0 in Ventura. Is this just a problem with Ventura? Maybe it's time to upgrade to Sonoma?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.