This press conference seems very condescending to customers....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wishman35, Jul 16, 2010.

1. wishman35 macrumors regular

Every update I am reading so far seems like Steve is just providing unsubstantiated facts from their "insiders" to prove that this issue isn't affecting THAT many people.

I am unaffected but am witnessing many people here and everywhere around me with these issues...

Excuses...excuses...excuses

2. Polarian Method macrumors newbie

I like it, actually. "Here's a free case, which we think will help if you can't keep your fat fingers out of the way of the one bad spot on the phone. If you still don't like the phone, bring it back. In either case, shut your traps.". My faith in Glorious Leader's megalomania has been restored!

3. Stay Tuned macrumors member

Very condescending indeed. Basically saying:

"We know the phone isn't quite what you expected, but live with it."

4. advan031 macrumors 6502

So Apple provided you with hard facts and giving you a free bumper, and if you're not happy you can return in it for a full refund.

I do not see your point of view regarding the press conference.

5. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Obviously you didn't watch the whole press conference. All phones drop the signal when held. Examples were shown. I performed the same test with my old iphones and they did the same thing.

6. malevolant macrumors 6502

Some people don't want a damn case. Some people want to use the phone naked and be able to make phone calls. I mean what is the point of making such a fashionable phone to just hide it in a case.

7. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

8. applelies2much macrumors newbie

wrong and wrong.

they are giving us VERY skewed facts that work in their best behavior.

their not giving a free bumper, their giving a totally untested case that they can get for the cheapest price possible

you = owned.

9. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I thought it was a very reasonable response to a lot of internet driven hysteria. Just like any product, if it doesn't work for you, take it back. No one is forcing you to buy it.

10. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

+1

I see nothing wrong with it.

11. malevolant macrumors 6502

He showed all old gen phones. This iPhone 4 was supposed to be "revolutionary" and something for other phone companies to build upon.

12. vile macrumors member

if youre not happy with your phone return it.. NOBODY is forcing you to keep the iPhone there are alternatives use them if you like. I'm happy with mine I have no issues I know 4 people with iphone 4's they have zero issues no antenna problems no proxymity sensor issue etc. Apple is giving you a free case to make reception better if you don't like it return the phone get back your money and pick up a droidx on the way back.Nobody is forcing you.

13. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

It sounded to me like you can pick one of a few different cases, the bumper being a choice. So where are you getting this information?

14. wishman35 thread starter macrumors regular

Wait a second though, when Stevie is claiming all phones have this issue... then how come he didn't have his little press conference and offer free cases for the original iPhone, 3g, or 3gs.

I am glad that his so called stats claim the "phone center" call in rates are lower with the iPhone 4, but why wasn't this a problem on the other iPhones if it is a problem with all smartphones.

Why can't he just admit that their stainless steel band design didn't turn out as good as they thought?

15. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

16. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

So many people around here are saying "What's the point of exchanging it?! I'm not doing that!" or "I don't want to return it! I want the iPhone!"

Guess what...when you don't vote with your wallet, Apple has no clue that you are having any problem whatsoever.

Because the design brought out the issue in a more obvious way. And it IS a problem on other iPhones, it's just masked by the design.

17. tkao2025 macrumors regular

Your user name says it all.

What did people who are disappointed really want to hear?

18. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

THIS

19. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Then return it and stop your whining.

20. Eric2 macrumors member

Complete agree.

Clad I retuned mine.

21. advan031 macrumors 6502

I use my iphone 4 naked and have not had dropped call.

you = noob

22. vile macrumors member

I wonder... do 90 % of the the people who just bitch and moan even own an iPhone4? Or are you just trying to get a seat in the hatetrain. Usernames like "applelies2much" you just registered to troll I guess?

Isn't it obvious? If thinks get totally out of hand you have to do something about it

23. BoleCailey macrumors member

This! Lol, you guys are hilarious. Of coarse they are defending their product. It's a great product that I and most people are happy with. They are addressing the fact that some people aren't happy, they showed and admitted the problem, and they are giving everyone a free case.

They are doing this even after we have seen from the antenae test that the 3GS suffers from the same thing to a worse extent. The 4's are only dropping 1 call more per 100 than the 3GS. Seriously guys, what did you expect them to do? Should they have said our phone sucks, we are sorry?

24. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Keeping my phone, but BUMMED that my car charger doesn't fit, and my work stereo's plug won't fit with the bumper on.

Seems like I'm back on a 1st gen....

25. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I couldn't if I wanted to. The 30 day return doesn't extend to the UK.