This website has cost me $10,000 this year.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by CLS727, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Jerz macrumors regular

Jerz

You must not go to parties.

2. Lioness~ macrumors 65816

Lioness~

Too bad you don’t need it. Hopefully you will in awhile, so you didn’t spend your money for nothing.

I almost spent half of it, only.
    Waited for the MBA, so that was a given. But then phone got water damaged, so I sure needed a new phone.
    Fortunately I haven’t spend a lot of money at all at Apple stuff the latest years. So that was totally within budget.
    Had expected to renew the iMac earlier, but Apple stuff last longer these days, if we care for it, and want it to. It is still going more then strong. Hope it will take on Mojave fine too. I’m holding on another update before I take that leap though with the fusion drive.
    It will last and serve a few more yrs.
    iPad however is another story. Battery is almost ****. I don’t and probably won’t use it so much now after bought the MBA.
    Time will tell if I need another one.

3. smirking macrumors 68000

smirking

Does anyone else out there dread replacing their computers and smartphones? Getting a new computer or device evokes dread for me. I just can't get excited about it when a new device means having to change some of my habits to adapt to new wrinkles that are different from my old device and also with the productivity that I'll lose when I inevitably realize that I have setttings that were lost and need to be reconfigured. I don't see a new toy. I see work.