Thor

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leekohler, May 7, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Went and saw it today and enjoyed the hell out of it! It was really a fun ride. The effects were cool and the cast was fantastic. Let's hope X-Men: First Class and Captain America are just as good.

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Different, but definitely good. If you liked Iron Man, you'll enjoy it. And there's a very cool segment after the credits.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

No way- it was definitely a good time. :)

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I loved the polish of Iron Man; I'm not really into gritty movies. But, if it's that good I might take a peek at it though.

...and I always stay til the credits are done. Otherwise you miss way too much. :cool:

7. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was great! And the segment after the credits was in fact "cool."

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah, I would love to talk about the end segment, but I don't want to ruin it for anybody.

9. Gaelinic, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

Gaelinic macrumors regular

Spoiler: Cosmic Cube and MODOK behind Nick Fury?

10. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Thought it was very well done, I think its worth seeing in 3D, my only complaint was some of the fight scenes happen so fast they are difficult to follow but we are only talking a few seconds here and there. Nice to see a cameo of a hero from an upcoming Marvel movie too....nuff said!!

AM

11. Gaelinic macrumors regular

[​IMG]

12. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I went and saw it also. Freaking loved it. There are some scenes that are really good and funny. I thought the two main characters where spot on and the chemistry was excellent. I agree with Lee it was a fun ride!!!!

Did anybody stay till after the credits...? If so what the reason for this? I dohn't want to spoiler it, but I don't follow Thor and I know the Avengers is coming but........

Crap, I might have missed it... can you put a spoiler alert.. who was it???? I did catch Stan's appearance which was classic!

One of my favorite lines in the movie:

"Is this one of Starks"....... with a little bit of ohh crap in his voice "I don't know"... loved it.

13. Gaelinic, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

Gaelinic macrumors regular

Spoiler: Clint Barton, Hawkeye. Cosmic Cube and subject of Captain America movie.

14. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Dammit! Well, the secret is out now. :)

15. rhett7660, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011

rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Crap.. I totally missed the Hawkeye reference... I even said to the wife... there is something up with the arrow guy ( I was thinking Green Arrow, but knew that was right)..... Ha that is freaking great. I missed the subject of Captain America and Cube reference. Boy I missed a lot dang it..... Might have to do a second showing.

He did put a spoiler alert thou! LOL

16. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That is true. :)

17. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

I was dying when Thor walks into the Pet Palace and screams, "I need a horse!"

18. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That was HILARIOUS! I love how Marvel keeps things real. They seem to be doing a very good job, and I can't wait to see Captain America. Chris Evans is really a very good actor, and I think will do Cap justice.

19. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Between that scene and the scene were she hits him again while backing up. Had me in freaking stitches.

20. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That was hilarious! What I'm loving about the Marvel stuff lately, is that they don't take things too seriously. The great thing about that is that it makes it more believable. Can't wait to see Captain America. If Thor is any indication, it's going to be amazing.

21. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

22. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Captain America sure looks like its gonna rock as well! Im very impressed with most of the Marvel movies. Should have bought Marvel stock before these movies came out huh?

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Watched it a few days ago in 3D. Thought it was tremendously good fun. Don't read beyond here for spoilers!

That Destroyer thing was just overly intense. I don't normally get scared when watching a film but that thing, yeah. The tornado bit with it (trying to not drop too many spoilers though) really made it feel real.

Jolly good stuff, and the best cameo of Stan Lee yet!

Had no idea what the bow guy or what the cosmic cube was about - my comic book knowledge stops at the basics. Quite looking forward to Captain America, they filmed that in my city (UK!) because it looks more like olde New York than what New York does apparently!

24. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep. Me too. :)

The "bow guy" is Hawkeye, one of the Avengers. Look him up. As for the Cosmic Cube, it is exactly what Nick Fury says it is.