Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What did you do with your iPhone 7

• Total voters

Blazerfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
Just out of curiosity. I've recently bought an iPhone 7 and it has a yellow screen. Did those of you who also get one return them, keep them or did the yellow screen come right?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just out of curiosity. I've recently bought an iPhone 7 and it has a yellow screen. Did those of you who also get one return them, keep them or did the yellow screen come right?

There's been speculation of the yellow screens due to the adhesive and others have said that is just a warmer display compared to the 6S. And then there is the report that the yellow screen eventually goes away after a weeks use. Either way, there is no definitive answers as to why.

My 7+ has a warmer, yellowish tone to it compare to my 6S plus. I don't believe there's anything wrong with my iPhone and I kept mine. Then again, I hardly notice it.

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
I kept it but didn't fix itself - I grew accustomed. I prefer a warmer display anyways, which I think the iPhone 7 was by design.

Reactions: Cameroncafe10a

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
My 7 is definitely warmer than my 6 was and at first I didn't like it. Half say it's designed half say they've seen 'normal' screens on the 7/7+ and theirs is different. I've done both. I'm used to it now, no problems

crispApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
I noticed this too when I got mine, I went to my local Apple Store and the Genius told me it's perfectly Normal. It naturally has a warmer color gamut than the previous 6/6s models.

Reactions: 44267547

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
The screen doesn't correct itself. lol. YOU correct to the screen. In other words, YOU habituate.

Gee. I wonder why Apple tells lies like it's glue and needs time to cure or that it's a warmer profile and is normal. Could it be that it's a common occurrence and they'd rather not exchange all the phones that had yellowish screens?

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Mine is slightly more yellow than my 6s but to me that's okay. Only time it's weird is when I switch between phones.

I also like that it's darker at the lowest setting because it doesn't blind me in the dark. I won't use night shift because the weird reddish hue makes everything look ugly (To me).

Plus as another poster said, under accessibility there is display accommodations. From there color filters can be used to modify the display color.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
Just out of curiosity. I've recently bought an iPhone 7 and it has a yellow screen.

No. It has a more normal white balance than the 6 models. See displaymate for test results:

IMG_1404.jpg

foxconn

Suspended
Sep 6, 2016
people said the "yellow" screens were bad cause we associate yellow as being bad, when in reality screens that are too blue are not calibrated properly.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
The yellow tinge disappeared after a week or so. After I got the phone I adjusted the display to compensate. Then I started to notice that the screen was overly cold. I disabled the adjustment and the screen was perfect.

uscgrad

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2017
I noticed when I first got it and had my 6 Plus and my 7 side by side but now it just looks normal. I wouldn't go to the trouble of returning it personally, give yourself a couple weeks to adjust to it then make a decision.

ZeroGauge

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
PA
Got a 7 plus on release day and got another one in October and they both have this new 'yellow screen'. Read on here that it was just glue and should dry up, yet I have not noticed any difference after months of use. I personally prefer the cooler 6 plus screen but you get accustomed to the warmer screen as long as you don't put it side by side to a 6/6 plus.

Jason_app

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2017
Uk
IMG_2801.PNG IMG_2802.PNG

I had the same issue. Bought my brand new iPhone 7 plus, which had a scratch on the screen so sent it back. I didn't get to see what the screen was like as I didn't turn it on.
New replacement arrived, no scratch so put tempered glass screen protector on to avoid scratches then switched on and began to set it up.
At this point I noticed the yellow tinge to the whites compared to my iPhone 6 and searched google where I found all these hundred of similar complaints.

After a long search and visit to phone shop to compare with display models I discovered my issue.

I removed the glass screen protector I had fitted from the start ( ESR tempered glass with 4.5 out of 5.0 on amazon - 265 reviews) and Placed it on just half the screen, so had half with protector and half without.

The screen protector half had yellow tint and half without was perfectly white.

After searching more into the screen protector itself on other sites I found reviews saying it has a yellow tint to it.

Problem solved for me.

Thought I'd put this up in case like so many other people some of you may have put a screen protector on your new phones from the start.

Let me know if anyone else has discovers this.

Cheers.

Reactions: M. Gustave
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.