Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you bought an iPhone the day they came out... has it ever needed to be replaced?

• Nope, still carrying my original iphone!

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Yes, once by apple

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes, twice or more by apple

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Yes, due to your own or someone else's stupidity

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

RR08EvoX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
To those who bought an iPhone the day they came out... has it ever needed to be replaced by apple.

- Nope, still carrying my original phone!
- Yes, replaced once
- Yes, replaced twice
- Yes, replaced three or more times

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
To those who bought an iPhone the day they came out... has it ever needed to be replaced by apple.

- Nope, still carrying my original phone!
- Yes, replaced once
- Yes, replaced twice
- Yes, replaced three or more times

Nope, still carrying my original phone!

Same goes for a family member that has one.

BTW, you might want to set this up as an actual poll....

EDIT: Oh good, you did now ;)

Jphillippe

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
Nope, still carrying my original phone!

Same goes for a family member that has one.

BTW, you might want to set this up as an actual poll....

EDIT: Oh good, you did now ;)

Bought 4Gb, sold it on ebay, and bought the 8gb, One of my 8gb had a negative black screen issue and I sold it on ebay (I did post that it had the issue and still people bid like crazy). Now I have my good 8gb unlocked with 1.1.1 firmware on auction to get my 16gb. When The iphone with 3g comes out, I'll sell the 16gb on ebay, and i can bet i can get more than the $500 i'll pay for it. You gotta love ebay.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I bought mine on July 6, exactly one week after iPhones release. I replaced it about 3 weeks ago at the Apple store because from day one, the volume would fluctuate on it's own. I finally got tired of it after 6 months and I exchanged it for a brand new one. If it had not been for that problem, I would still been using it.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
Of all the people I know with iPhones (probably 15), including myself, only 1 has replaced his iPhone. He replaced it because the phone's speaker stopped working (the earpiece), but after swapping it, he later found out it was a bug in the phone. (Well documented bug of removing the headphones and sometimes the phone stops making sounds and you cannot hear a caller.)

MattsxB

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2007
Bought June 29th, First one DOA, Second Bubble in glass, Third Home button was sticking and when shaken I could hear rattle noise something loose...

All replaced by apple no questions asked...

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
Need to caveat my twice vote:

The first time Apple replaced it b/c I was complaining about REALLY poor signal reception. When the replacement demonstrated the same problem I went back and they told me to replace the SIM card. Replacing the SIM fixed the issue so there was likely nothing wrong with the original phone.

But the replacement phone's battery life was ridiculously short, so Apple replaced the replacement.

In the end I have had the phone replaced twice, and probably didn't really a replacement at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.