Thoughts about the October release date some people are speculating..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nicklaz0r, Jul 22, 2012.

1. nicklaz0r macrumors member

Do some think it's gonna be released on October because there will be a iPhone release too? I honestly think thats a pretty dumb assumption. Personally I believe it's either 24-25 July or next year. But if the new iMac won't be released in July, I can already tell that I'm gonna be a hyppocrite and think it'll be released on October. That's how crazy this waiting has been making me.

2. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

3. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i dont understand why people think next year PLEASE READ THE RUMORS! apple went out their way to say that it only meant the mac pro for next year not the imac so im 100% sure well see the imac.. if not july then august or october or something did those months just got deleted of the calendar for some of you guys ?? the could still do a spec bump in august its pretty dumb to say if dont get it in july then itd be next year no body know how apple really truly works they do illogical things like not releasing an imac on wwdc. so iphone,ipad mini, and imac release in october wouldn't surprise me. so lets stop it with the next year stuff please.

4. nicklaz0r thread starter macrumors member

I just don't know why apple would have something mac related or just about anything non iphone related in october..

Rumors aren't always true you know..

5. jji7skyline macrumors 6502

jji7skyline

Apple is holding off the update until they perfect their retina display ;)

6. Bendrix macrumors member

I don't get the feeling it's gonna be released early next week. do you guys? and aside from gut feeling, there seem to be no leaks or solid rumors about a release. and if it doesn't come out next week, I doubt it would be released in the fall. probably a 2013 release.

7. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I still believe its next week, or the week after if they wanted to space it out from ML.

Nothing about October makes sense. That's iPhone and probably iPad Mini.

8. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

it doesnt need to be october it could be august or september for spec bump those months aren't delete off the calendar or did they? no we still have august and september. also you said "rumors arent always true" it is a FACT! that apple went out of their way to point out that it was talking about the mac pro alone when relating to updates for 2013 the imacs could befit from ivy bridge/usb3/new gpu however i no longer believe well see an update this week for the imac which really frustrating we could see an imac still august september or october apple doesnt work logicly if you have been reading rumors for a while so like i said before we can still see an imac with the iphone. the thought that the new imac will come in 2013 is plain simple stupid no offense to you.

----------

they didnt do it last year with the air why would they wait one week or two if they gonna release that close they would just release with ML two weeks doesnt really makes too much of a difference REALLY now if you tell me late august or september maybe idk like i said before i gave up all hopes well see a new imac this week(24th-25th-26th)

----------

another one ..... i dont understand why some of you guys think 3 months disappear of this year if the imac doesnt come in july we could still see a spec bump in august or september. why is people thinking 2013 ??? am i alone on this ??

9. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Someone else had speculated that the simultaneous OS & hardware release with Lion put too much strain on their support, so they might stagger it slightly like they do with iOS and new iPhones. I still think simultaneous is more likely, but the idea makes enough sense that it's the next date I'd look to if they don't come July 25.

The problem with August & September is primarily a failure to find a compelling reason why they'd delay that long. The Retina rumors are tied to the October rumors, which have the iOS release problem.

10. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I'm of the opinion that Apple won't release anything along side the new iPhone. It will take the spotlight, and they wouldn't want to mar it with any other hardware product.

11. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

apple has different divisions the imac is not the same as the software division if the macbook air put some hardware strain last year it didnt have anything to do with the software division.. so while i do agree with you the fact that you said "somone else speculated" doesnt add any credibility nor what im saying but well just have to wait and see
    but i do agree with you it doesnt make sense waiting till october because iphone and stuff but like i have said before apple doesnt seem to work in ways that seems logical to us.. i wish they could just release the damm thing already.

12. nicklaz0r thread starter macrumors member

This post pretty much sums up my thoughts.

13. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

It might be true but iMac hardly able to steal iPhone's candle.
    Apple could just announce it silently on their website, while arranging a big event for iPhone.

Only a small percentage of people would really care about iMac or any Apple desktop. The rest of Apple kingdom is all about iPhone and iPad, and maybe a little bit of Macbook. Sad

14. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/07/22/new-imac-still-a-2012-possibility/

This article really sums it all up nicely. Thew new iMac hasn't even hit the assembly line because if it did, and was ready for a release along side ML, we would have heard so. There would have been leaks but the crickets keep chirping at night and it will be this way until later this Fall when hopefully the new iMac will be refreshed. Think about it, we are two-three days away from ML, and alas, rumors or leaks of the new iMac to be refreshed with ML are nowhere to be found! Sorry folks, this train kept passing and we'll have to wait for the next one!

15. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

"Article"? Who gave this guy a blog? He's so all over the place that he pretty much covered every possibility listed in this forum.

I'd love to know who the "multiple sources" are for the supply chain claim. Sounds like Digitimes and anyone stupid enough to quote them.

Nothing in here explains why Apple would be sitting on a non- retina spec upgrade only to release it simultaneous with iOS goodies. Makes zero sense.

iMac updates tend to occur silently in the night with really no substantial rumors. Check last year's... one guy at cnet got a tip, and that was it until supply dried up. 2010 I think even gave less info. And supply wasn't an indicator for 2012 MBAs and MBPs. I see no reason to dismiss a July update until the calendar turns past July.

16. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i agree with you every word NO one knows besides apple until july passes it can still be then.. i just lost all hope.. because is what i want it to be so apple will do otherwise

17. Mac2133, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

Mac2133 macrumors member

18. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Wth $70bn in the bank, if any company can afford one slightly slow sales quarter, it's Apple.

19. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Sure, they could afford it, but that doesn't mean they're happy about it. I would expect them to try and avoid it at all costs.

20. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

I think the longer we have to wait plus how Apple (Tim) avoided making any comment about the next iMac we could get a new and not just updated model before the year is out.

In my mind it's the only thing that makes sense as to why they didn't do an Ivy Bridge update on the iMac and Mini back in June.

I still don't think we'll see the retina display until 2013 where it will either be a new line (like the MBPr) or an optional upgrade on the 2013 iMac.

And the reason we haven't heard any rumors for the iMac is everyone is looking at MBPr, iPhone and iPad.

JMO

21. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I would expect that apple has a separate team at apple with a sole purpose of developing the iMac. I doubt they were told to just chill because they would like to downsize the bank account. There has to be a reason for all of this delay...though I can't really see why. Ok maybe waiting for the 680M Nvidia cards to be available in a large quantities. But, I assume they are now, so only thing makes sense to me is ML release and timing marketing wise. But, that means they have got to come out fairly soon - because the market couldn't be better. New OS for flash it on, their back to school program etc etc...there's not a single reason timing wise why they should not release a new imac in the coming 2 weeks.

Then again, apple had a loooong wait on the mac mini in 2009 (574 days) while it was no particular reason for the delay - it was only a spec bump. Maybe Apple will just skip the Ivy Bridge and current GPU cards entirely and wait for the next ones ? Maybe they feel its not enough for a proper update, who knows ?? I wish someone could hack into Cooks email and send out that "release those freekin iMacs now!!!" email that god stuck in his outbox.

....so bored of waiting :(

22. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

They could just release silent update / web announcement a week before the iphone announcement.

Or.. Iphone, new ios, new ipod touch on late september and silent imac update on mid october, as I recall apple would never update any product after october within the year.

23. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I like your optimism and enthusiasm. Keep up the morale!

24. nicklaz0r thread starter macrumors member

What? That makes even less sense..

25. Overg macrumors 6502

I really can't get it..

We are approaching the end of the year.
    since Tim promised an amazing 2012 year, and all the rumors point to :

1- new iPod
    2) new iPhone
    3) ipad mini
    4) apple TV - also called the panel
    5) imac
    6) mac mini

I can t understand apple, are they waiting for the last 3 month of the year to shove all this products??? it does n';t make any sense!
    are they planning to conduct a big media event every week? ?