Thoughts after using for one month - K11 Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ArchaicTZ, Sep 18, 2015.

1. ArchaicTZ, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015

ArchaicTZ macrumors newbie

ArchaicTZ

I just read the Boy Genius Report on this ThanoTech K11 case but I don't see any reviews on Macrumors yet. My coworker here at Infusionsoft was a beta tester for them and got a bunch of cases and gave me one.

So my thoughts after one month of using it are, that I like that it uses the same aluminum as the iPhone so it doesn't feel like you have a case on it. I've dropped it a handful of times and the case gives fantastic protection, the phone is undamaged. I like that the TPU inside gives it way more protection than other bumpers I have used. The docking jack has enough space that all my accessories work great without taking off the case. My favorite thing though is the phone doesn't feel any bigger, that is the most important thing to me. Also, I thought signal quality might go down but it has been exactly the same as without the case on. So far I am very impressed and I would say it is by far the best bumper case I've ever used.

My friend has the black TPU inside the aluminum, and mine has white. Both of which compliment their respective phones.

My only gripe I would say is, that it doesn't have the grip that my Lifeproof case has. I find myself actually thinking about holding onto my phone. But overall I will definitely be using this case combined with some sort of shield on my screen when my 6s plus arrives.

The only place I know of you can order one is on the Kickstarter page. The goal is already met but I think you can still pre-order a case on there for like 50% off what the retail will be.

Side by Side
    [​IMG]

Case by itself
    [​IMG]

2. clankfu macrumors member

3. clankfu macrumors member

Any discoloring on the white TPU after a month?

4. ArchaicTZ thread starter macrumors newbie

ArchaicTZ

It is white, so it got a little bit dirty. Most of the dirt that got on it cleaned off fine.

I'll post some pics in a little bit later I'm at a family get together.

5. clankfu macrumors member

Sweet. As long as it doesn't turn yellowish, I'd be happy.

6. ArchaicTZ thread starter macrumors newbie

ArchaicTZ

No yellow at all. :)

7. oplix, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015

oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

i really want this case. looks like someone made a fantastic design.

8. ArchaicTZ thread starter macrumors newbie

ArchaicTZ

I have used other bumpers and they have all been like Chinese cheap stuff. This feels like something Apple made. Design is great and all, but more importantly the materials are top notch. (Probably still made in China though lol)

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i love bumpers! i never found one for my 6+ so just has the skin... but i'd love a bumper for my 6s+

10. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Mobilereviews.eh really liked this case, it's the highest rated one they've done. If/when rg comes I'll get it.

I just wonder if I should use a skin of some kind to protect the back. Any suggestions?

11. ArchaicTZ thread starter macrumors newbie

ArchaicTZ

If you are really hard on your phone then that wouldn't be a bad idea.

12. ArchaicTZ, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

ArchaicTZ thread starter macrumors newbie

ArchaicTZ

This is how it came in the box I got it in from my colleague. I assume cause it was a prototype they just brown boxed it? Idk.

[​IMG]

Here are some pics after using it for a month. I dropped it once super hard on asphalt when I got out of my car. That is what caused the scatches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. clankfu macrumors member

Awesome. It really does look seamless. Thanks for the pics.

14. ArchaicTZ thread starter macrumors newbie

ArchaicTZ

No problem at all.