Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
That looks real nice for carrying a MacBook and iPad, I might have to pick one up myself. I don't have any experience with this backpack, but I can say that every case I have had from InCase has been great.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
That looks real nice for carrying a MacBook and iPad, I might have to pick one up myself. I don't have any experience with this backpack, but I can say that every case I have had from InCase has been great.

Fair enough.

That's kinda what I was looking for too, as I haven't really owned anything other than a iPhone 3G case from InCase, but everyone I know has said good things about them.

I think I'm gonna go for it, what the hell.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Fair enough.

That's kinda what I was looking for too, as I haven't really owned anything other than a iPhone 3G case from InCase, but everyone I know has said good things about them.

I think I'm gonna go for it, what the hell.

Let me know how you like it, I don't have a case for my new 15" MBP, I had a 13" before. But I did have an InCase Nylon Sleeve for that one, and it was real nice. But being able to carry a little more, including my iPad, would be handy.

I see a canvas version of the backpack on the InCase website, that looks nice too.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
Let me know how you like it, I don't have a case for my new 15" MBP, I had a 13" before. But I did have an InCase Nylon Sleeve for that one, and it was real nice. But being able to carry a little more, including my iPad, would be handy.

I see a canvas version of the backpack on the InCase website, that looks nice too.

Ok, will do. I'll update this thread when I recieve it this week. I'm gonna pick up the dark grey one.

Yea, now that I have a pretty wide variety of Apple gadgets, obviously such as a MBP, iP4, iP2, along with a (rechargeable :D) Magic Mouse, along with all the other chargers, this backpack has big appeal to me, ecspecially since I'm always on the go.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
I picked up this backpack literally 20 minutes ago. I ordered and received a North Face Box Shot for my 17" MBP (it was between that and the Incase) because the Box Shot seems to be TNF's biggest "normal" backpack. However, my 17" MBP alone is already a snug fit in there, and it's almost impossible to fit with a sleeve. I decided to RMA the Box Shot, and walked over to my school bookstore and picked up an Incase Nylon Backpack. I obviously haven't gotten around to using it yet, but I chose it because of the insanely nice padding inside for the laptop (I won't need another sleeve), as well as the huge number of pockets overall. The only downside is that the straps don't seem as nice, compared to the Box Shot, but that's a compromise I'll have to take to get the nice laptop compartment, and a backpack that ACTUALLY fits my machine. If I remember, I'll post back in like a week on how I like the backpack.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
I picked up this backpack literally 20 minutes ago. I ordered and received a North Face Box Shot for my 17" MBP (it was between that and the Incase) because the Box Shot seems to be TNF's biggest "normal" backpack. However, my 17" MBP alone is already a snug fit in there, and it's almost impossible to fit with a sleeve. I decided to RMA the Box Shot, and walked over to my school bookstore and picked up an Incase Nylon Backpack. I obviously haven't gotten around to using it yet, but I chose it because of the insanely nice padding inside for the laptop (I won't need another sleeve), as well as the huge number of pockets overall. The only downside is that the straps don't seem as nice, compared to the Box Shot, but that's a compromise I'll have to take to get the nice laptop compartment, and a backpack that ACTUALLY fits my machine. If I remember, I'll post back in like a week on how I like the backpack.

Nice!

As you already know I just ordered the backpack about 45 mins ago.

Looking forward to how your liking it, as I don't expect to have my backpack delivered till Friday or Sat, and haven't physically gotten to toy around with it yet, only read specs.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
The under armor one I have barely fit my old 15.4" Lenovo.

I'm trying to avoid the backpack being a tight fit, ONLY for my 15" MBP, let alone if I have my iP2 etc in it.

How much did the under armor one drain your wallet for btw?

ReidStylez

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010
I'm trying to avoid the backpack being a tight fit, ONLY for my 15" MBP, let alone if I have my iP2 etc in it.

How much did the under armor one drain your wallet for btw?

The 15.4" Lenovo was a decent fit, wasn't too big but wasn't too small.

My 13" MBP should fit nice with a sleeve.

The under armor one was like $65 I believe.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
Nice!

As you already know I just ordered the backpack about 45 mins ago.

Looking forward to how your liking it, as I don't expect to have my backpack delivered till Friday or Sat, and haven't physically gotten to toy around with it yet, only read specs.

I can tell you straightaway that I REALLY like the faux fur lining on the inside. It has this lining for 3 of the pockets: the laptop compartment, the front small pocket, and the iPhone/iPod pocket. This will definitely come in handy. With regards the the rest of the backpack, I do like the shape, and the build seems solid enough, but only time will tell.

vnle

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
Maryland
I've had that case for my 13" mb. It really was a fantastic case. The zippers might touch your mbp when you pull it in or out but they have not cause any scratches for me. Otherwise, the zippers would never touch the mbp once you zip it up. All the compartments were nice as well - there's surprisedly a huge amount of space in there for all my accessories (mouse, external, power adapter, various cables) and paperwork. :D

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
I've had that case for my 13" mb. It really was a fantastic case. The zippers might touch your mbp when you pull it in or out but they have not cause any scratches for me. Otherwise, the zippers would never touch the mbp once you zip it up. All the compartments were nice as well - there's surprisedly a huge amount of space in there for all my accessories (mouse, external, power adapter, various cables) and paperwork. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Good to hear that there is more space than you'd think from looking at it, I was hoping that was the case.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I bought a similar one from the Apple Store for the same price and have been using it for about 6 weeks now. The various pockets are really nice to have especially when you have a bunch of gadgets. Over all, it carries everything I need though I don't carry any books or anything heavy with it so I can't attest to its durability.

I would recommend it though as it has pockets for a laptop, iPad and even smaller items and everything can be neatly organized inside.

lazit7

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2011
been using an incase backpack for about a year now. I have the older 2010 model which is discontinued but they are essentially the same with the one you want to get. It fits my macbook pro 13'' perfectly with extra rooms to spare. I believe it can hold a 15'' with a snug fit.

The backpack is really light and functional. I like how it has many compartments as it prevents all your materials to just sink to the bottom of the bag. It utilizes all the spaces from the top to bottom, making your backpack flat and in a slim shape. (you won't have the bulging bottom of your old jansports backpacks). Because it stays slim, the weight is evenly distributed to your back. There is less strain to your back and shoulders and this is really important if you travel long distances. haha i bet you can see how much I love this backpack. anyway, I'd say GO FOR IT! :)

JH4DC5

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2010
i just got this backpack a few days ago and i love it so far. My classes havent started yet so i haven't loaded it up with books, but so far it holds my 15" macbook in an incase neoprene sleeve plus comfortably. It's still pretty compact considering it's supposed to be the "larger" version. Hopefully it'll still be comfortable when i start putting some larger textbooks inside along with my macbook.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
That looks pretty useful and functional but a little bit too professional for a student like myself.

I am looking at this as another alternative. :p

Deff a cool, cost effective alternative, that still holds alot of our :apple: products well.

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
i personally think incase went backwards with the newer 2011 design. they ditched alot of features the 2010 models had, such as chest and sternum straps, and a pencil case ziiper pocket as well as 2 larg extra padded pockets on the front interior.

anyways, heres my youtube video on the review of the incase canvas backpack 2010 version.

its the samething as nylon except its made of canvas and cotton ont he inside which i prefer over nylon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJUkXcun4Q

AppChat

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
been using an incase backpack for about a year now. I have the older 2010 model which is discontinued but they are essentially the same with the one you want to get. It fits my macbook pro 13'' perfectly with extra rooms to spare. I believe it can hold a 15'' with a snug fit.

The backpack is really light and functional. I like how it has many compartments as it prevents all your materials to just sink to the bottom of the bag. It utilizes all the spaces from the top to bottom, making your backpack flat and in a slim shape. (you won't have the bulging bottom of your old jansports backpacks). Because it stays slim, the weight is evenly distributed to your back. There is less strain to your back and shoulders and this is really important if you travel long distances. haha i bet you can see how much I love this backpack. anyway, I'd say GO FOR IT! :)

are u still using it? any rips or anything?

Deff a cool, cost effective alternative, that still holds alot of our :apple: products well.

hows it beens icne a year?

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
hows it beens icne a year?

Wow thanks for asking.

Actually the bag is still good as new. Somehow I have managed to not stain it with anything, and you couldn't tell it's over a year old. Zippers still work great, the faux-fur pocket is still soft as new too.

So I can say from experience now, that you get what you pay for, and what you pay for the InCase Nylon Backpack is worth it in my book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.