Three UK have upped prices of 6s contract now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by purpleparrotuk, Mar 31, 2016.

1. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

Am i imaging it or have Three UK upped their 6S contract prices now the SE is out? I was looking at AYCE data on the 6S the other day and it seems to have increased in price per month.

2. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

Three's prices are a joke now unfortunately.

I have gone sim only and buy my phones direct from Apple

3. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Wish I could afford that

4. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

Buy a used phone and go sim only?

5. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I've been with three for a while now originally on their One Plan SIM only deal with unlimited data for £15 on my 3GS which i then just switched to a 5 i bought direct from Apple then just done the same again to go to a 6S. I had a letter a few weeks ago saying the plan i was on was being scrapped and to pick a new one, automatically go to a £35, i think, a month plan or leave. After some digging on their site i found an unlimited SIM only plan that was £20 a month and gave me enough minutes so i went with that.

I had money saved to buy the 5 but got a 0% interest credit card to get the 6S and just pay a chunk off each month. Over the course of 24 months that would be a normal phone plan in the UK it works out cheaper than getting the phone from the network provider.

6. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Three are the scum of Uk phone companies, I left them years ago and never looked back.

7. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

How exactly ? Have been with them for years never had any problems. Fast 3g/4g wherever i go

8. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Me too. I've been customer of Three for 5 years. Rarely have a coverage problem, fast reliable 4G service and great value for money. I've travelled all over the world with it so roaming agreements are in place and in many countries roaming is provided at no extra cost. The only thing that I can see they've done to rub people up the wrong way is to take The One Plan off people by force (I still have mine, odd).

I really don't understand what people don't like about Three.

9. Dave245 macrumors 601

Three's prices on contract are a joke, I purchase my phones outright from Apple and then put a GiffGaff SIM card in them, I have no problems and it works out cheaper.

10. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

Really? Im on the one plan , been on it for years. Glad I haven't been taken off yet

11. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

GiffGaff have pretty bad speeds though so i hear.

12. Dave245 macrumors 601

I can't say as I've ever had a problem, and they are rolling out 4G here in the UK at the moment.

13. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Giffgaff get lowest priority on the O2 masts apparently.

14. waquzy macrumors regular

waquzy

Use Paypal credit as a finance through Apple Store. They have monthly payments for as low as £21 a month for 64GB SE - 24 months contract. Thats not bad at all

15. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks will take a look.

16. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I purchase all of my iPhones at full cost from Apple and then go SIM only. I was with giffgaff for 4 years and have been with Three for the last year.

While I never had any specific issues, Three absolutely blow giffgaff out of the water when it comes to 4G speeds and coverage. Although they've just put their prices up by another £5 a month for unlimited data which has slightly annoyed me!

17. waquzy macrumors regular

waquzy

Here are the monthly payment options for iPhone SE 64GB on Paypal credit through Apple Store

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 20.51.10.png

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

What plan are you on?

I'm on Three's 12GB £20/month one, but prices are creeping up and data allowances creeping down. A year or two ago it was £15 for AYCE data.

19. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Ta. Was thinking of the 64gb 6s

20. cableguy84, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

One plan, unlimited data, texts and calls , 27 quid a month, i have a few gigs of tethering included as well

21. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

try looking on uSwitch:

Decent offer of iPhone 6S, 64GB, ultmd texts and minutes and 3GB of data for £31.50 pm with £75 upfront.

I've been with Three for a few years, couldn't praise them enough to start with, but their prices are getting stupid now. Bought my 6 via GiffGaff on a 4% interest deal, but unfortunately they've gone up to 18% now, so I'll be looking elsewhere for the 7.

There were some spectacular deals on the 6S pre-Christmas so I'm going to try and hold out on buying the 7 in the hope that those offers return.

22. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I won't be buying for a few months. Still in contract but deffo need ayce data. I watch lots of Netflix and listen to google music daily.

23. Christoffee macrumors regular

Christoffee

It's cheaper if you want it to be. They're giving away interest free credit cards in the UK. My 6S is being paid over 26 months interest free and I'm with giffgaff. They're cheaper (although not mega cheap anymore) and more flexible.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    Yes, their speeds are bad. I had a friend at my house on O2, exact same phone. I was getting 3Mbps and he was getting 50Mbps.

For me, this is not an issue generally for my web surfing and mapping it around London. But if you're streaming it will likely be an issue.

24. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Ahh fair enough, I have AYCE with Three now, but only use a maximum of 5GB a month.

In your case, I would look out for Apple running a 0% finance offer, which they do from time to time, and get a sim only deal

25. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Three are getting more expensive sadly.

Even their All in One 20 PAYG plan has ditched AYCE data now.

And for those of you lucky enough to be on the One Plan make the most of it; from what I've read some of Three's deals have been poor in comparison.