Thule Atmos X5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scjr, Oct 6, 2015.

1. scjr, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

IP68 waterproof rating. Looks very, very interesting. :)

http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/campaigns/thule-atmos-x5

image.jpeg

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I know! I'm very excited about the Atmos X5! I should be receiving a review sample soon...

Kristin

3. scjr thread starter macrumors 68000

scjr

Kristin,

Are you going to perform a water test?

4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I suppose I'll have to, although waterproof tests scare the pants off me :)
    I'm sure a company like Thule will do the waterproofing right, however, so I shouldn't be so nervous! Good thing I have AppleCare+!

5. scjr thread starter macrumors 68000

scjr

I would nervous as well. Haha!

6. adygriffith macrumors newbie

adygriffith

is there a pre-order page anywhere for UK? getting my 6s plus delivered next week and want to keep it prestine

7. Apophis94, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

Apophis94 macrumors newbie

Apophis94

I have been watching several of your Atmos X4 videos on YouTube and was wondering if you know anything about the X5? I'm getting the iPhone 6s (my first ever iPhone) and am trying to get the case that best fits my personal needs. I am extremely new to macrumors so please excuse me.

8. scjr thread starter macrumors 68000

scjr

I think she'll be reviewing soon. Welcome to Macrumors. :)

9. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I bought mine at Best Buy today. Go check out your local store

10. Apophis94 macrumors newbie

Apophis94

I live in SC and can hardly get to town atm.

11. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

12. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Yeah man. Sorry to hear about ya'lls current situation. I have family down there as well.

13. adygriffith macrumors newbie

adygriffith

any news on the sample, just holding off ordering till i see an opion.
    thanks

14. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I had mine for 24hrs. And returned it. I loved the fit. Except for the front screen. Near the home button, there's an air gap that you can't get rid of. And also the sound wasn't muffled at all like the other waterproof cases. But the sound was more a "tinny" sound. When the phone's volume was all the way up.

If Thule fixes these problems I think it'll be a strong competitor in the waterproof category.

15. adygriffith macrumors newbie

adygriffith

ultraz33 do you have a pic of the gap?did it affect use of the phone at all?

also was it the 6s or 6s plus you had

16. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I don't have the case anymore. It was for the 6S plus.
    The only problem I found was the area near the home button had the most gap that I found. And using the space bar was the tough.

17. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

Aren't you the person in the other thread that asked me about the gap in the screen protector ? All you have to do is run your finger down the screen before you close the port for the power. You keep telling everybody the same thing when a 2 second rub fixes the problem.

Attached Files:

18. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Not yet...still waiting...sorry!!

19. clovis112 macrumors regular

i bought this case today at my local bestbuy (they didn't even know they had it in stock) and i had the same screen issues as you.. then i went to check out their youtube videos, and the trick is to squeeze the air out by pressing the top of the sreen protector all the way down and close the charger port while you are holding down on the screen protector. now the bottom of my screen has barely a gap now.

granted the screen protector is a downgrade coming from a glass screen protector but i will happily trade it to get a waterproof case.

20. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Yeah.... I did that. And i had no luck. And I even exchanged it for another one and still had the same problem. Also, at high volume the sound was loud but it sounded very "tinny"

I went back to the 6S plus revision of the defender case by otterbox. Their screen protector is now flush with the screen and there's no gap what so ever.

21. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

To ultra have you ever tried the seidio obex for the iPhone 6s Plus. I've been threw every water proof case out there. The seidio might be what your looking for. The screen is flush and the sound is almost perfect. The only reason I'm thinking about keeping the thule over the seidio is because the thule snaps together tightly. The seidio may come apart when dropped. If you do try it I would be interested to know how you like it since you have the same opinions on the Thule as I do.

Attached Files:

22. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Does this obex fit the 6s plus properly?

23. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

I had the same problems that you did and I am going to switch to a Otterbox for the 6S plus

24. obatron1 macrumors newbie

obatron1

Best Buy is playing with my emotions right now. They have the x5 available for the 6s+ but still don't have any for the 6s. I'm headed overseas for a couple weeks, still got a naked phone on a count that I ordered the x4 on ebay which was advertised as the new style yet it was the old style, ended up sending it back to the seller and also Best Buy not carrying the x5 for the 6s. Might have to just grab the x3 before I fly out or risk it like I have been doing the last couple weeks.

25. nms71 macrumors newbie

nms71

I ordered one for my 6s on Best Buy website - wasn't avail in store for p/u. Scheduled to be delivered 10/14. If you order it online here is a code I used will give you 20% off accessories -> RMN20MOBILE