Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eluzion

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I don't agree with everything Paul Thurrott says but he does have some valid points. Especially that Apple sometimes could be a little less "smug" about the stuff they release, like it's going to change the world.

Yeah, I can't stand how Steve Jobs will make such a big deal about the most insignificant features. What's worse is how the crowd will cheer like they just found a cure for cancer. It's quite embarrassing if you ask me.

But both Vista and OS X have their pros and cons. I picked up a Macbook Pro a few months back after having been a Windows user my entire life (with the exception of some Linux and very little OS 9 experience). So far I'm liking OS X and looking forward to Leopard.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Gotta give props to Chris Pirillo for THIS WRITE UP

If you read the entire page and still don’t want Leopard, there’s something seriously wrong with you. And don’t let me catch you claiming that you can install third-party apps (for any OS) to achieve the same level of features, because the entire point is that all of the above (and then some) ship with the OS.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Well, he sort of backtracked on that statement. He thought Vista's development schedule and initial developer releases were train wrecks, but he has been one of the few vocal supporters of Vista since its release.

He gave Vista a 4 out of 5, while iPhone got a 3 out of 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.