Ticked off at Apple! Horrible iPhone Launch in Dallas.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjared, Jun 24, 2010.

1. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

The worst scenerio played out at the Frisco location in Dallas today and I need to vent...:D

Let me set the scene:
    It's a mall. Two stories, Apple store located on bottom floor. Main entrance on second floor.

Apple kept saying all week, line up at entrance A (main entrance). We did so. Started at 10pm last night. 1st in line. People started to show up and line up at other entrances, those happened to be closer to the store but were not where Apple had told us to line up. The mall kept pushing people back from the entrances throughout the night. Fast-forward to 5am, the mall opens all entrances at once and calmly walks everyone to the Apple store. Except that those of us camped out at the correct entrance are now in the back of the line b/c we weren't the closest. From #1 to #80. I'm pissed.

Then they tell us reservations get priority. ok. i'll go with that. (not that I didn't try to reserve on the 15th and got nowhere repeatedly, thanks Apple) They tell us, "we'll let in 1 person from the non-reserved line to every 50 people from the reserved line." 1 to 50!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous!!! Now I theoretically have to wait for 4000 reserved orders to get processed before they'll let me in. Nevermind the fact that I'm the stinking fanboy!!! And now they're out of phones....:mad::mad:

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

LMAO you should of just waited until this hyper was over.

YOU FAIL!

3. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

This is the Apple store in Stonebriar Centre?

Funny, I'm actually moving to Frisco sometime this year. Just was at that Apple store last month. It's a nice store. Sounds like the organization of this event was not so nice.

Thanks, I'll remember not to do next year's launch there. :)

Are they getting more phones tomorrow? As a walk-in, I have heard that you might have better luck on Friday.

4. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I'm going to stonebriar but I have a reservation. Good luck! ;)

5. itsjared thread starter macrumors regular

itsjared

Yes the store at StoneBriar. I think it's mostly the mall's fault but Apple's dumb reservation policy is a killer too. Especially since they're servers crapped out day of.

I dunno about walk-ins period. I mean tomorrow will be a different story b/c after 9pm the reservations expire. But the reservation line was about 4 times as long as the walk-in line.

6. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Your complaint is with the mall, not so much the Apple store. They are the ones who screwed your place in line.

In either event, it sucks, I'd be pissed too.

However, you say in your post:
    but your sig says:
    Huh.:rolleyes:

7. mantan macrumors 68000

Strollerbriar is always a cluster.

I wonder how Willow Bend was. They have a great Apple store and that mall is alwas dead.

8. itsjared thread starter macrumors regular

itsjared

I'm sorry, but you don't seem to get it. Have you ever used an iPhone and then tried to go back to a regular phone... I should have waited to sell my 3gs.

9. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

No that's why malls suck. No problems like this in dedicated Apple Stores. I feel your pain though, sorry.

10. itsjared thread starter macrumors regular

itsjared

I said I'm a fanboy, not rich. I also have a new MBP just havent updated in a while.

11. thevol macrumors member

12. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

13. itsjared thread starter macrumors regular

itsjared

thanks duck, that's how i feel.

I just think the whole 1:50 thing is BS! Biggest point being Apple knew they had problems with reservations and they treated us like idiots. Maybe something more reasonable like 1:10???

14. metrowarrior79 macrumors newbie

Apple store in Memphis, TN was doing 1 Walkup for every 20 reservations

15. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Ok that anger you feel right now for not only staying on the computer all day to reserve but then getting dicked around at the Apple store for pickup... use it to call Apple customer service right now and get yourself a free bumper and dock station. Go!

16. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

i would deffinately be speaking to someone if you camped over night, were first in line and did not get one. People would be losing heads if someone F'ed me over like that

17. h4a5r macrumors member

h4a5r

I'm sitting in the Southdale Mall in Minnesota right now sipping on free Orange Julius and eating some free candy. Been waiting about three hours but
    I'm satisfied! :) I'm not even getting a phone! (got my phone in the mail yesterday) and am just giving my reservation away. :)

18. puggles macrumors regular

that sounds terrible...i showed up at my apple store at 5 am when the mall opened and was out of the store by 7:15....it couldnt have gone any better!

19. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

You can give your reservation away? I thought it was tied to your name. So just show up there with the person who wants to buy it and they'll let that person buy it instead?

I may have to go SELL my reservation now before the day is out! :D

20. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Consider swapping your MBP for a Dell Inspirion;
    Your I7 Hackintosh for a Vista Home PC;
    Your 3GS for a Windows Mobile 6.0 "phone", or a Razr;
    And wireless internet access with dial-up.

Now do you feel rich?:p

21. CJayC macrumors 6502

22. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i preordered and got mine yesterday. you idiots will learn one day... now come on and give me oh i can't preorder because of my schedule yet your schedule allows you to camp out overnight and wait in line. :rolleyes:

23. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Are there really 4000 people there waiting even though they know they have an iPhone reserved??

24. itsjared thread starter macrumors regular

itsjared

I have left the mall as they are now out of 32Gb models. This after they told us we were good to get one (a manager said this). I called Apple support and they took my complaint, and elevated it. Got to another rep, explained the whole thing over again and got nowhere. He said, "I'm sorry, I appreciate the feedback" and he encouraged me to write a letter to Steve.
    The retail team encouraged me to camp out again and try tomorrow at 8am b/c "some people don't pick up their reservation"

They did take my name and email to let me know when they'll get some stock. Received e-mail below...