Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
Gimzotoy said:
If physics is the end-all of car accidents, one would assume that those travelling faster than the average speed would be more likely to get killed in an accident than those travelling slower than the average speed, but this is not the case.

And as my final point for the night:

I've been talking about accident rates, not FATALITY rates. There are again, MANY other factors that determine the fatality of a crash, including the surrounding environment - highways have been designed to reduce the chance of injury in an accident, so it should be no suprise that if a person got into an accident on the highway, and again in the city, there's a chance that the accident in the city *could* cause more damage. Not to mention the likely hood of hurting more bystanders in the city that on the highway.

But what I've been trying to get you to understand is that when you're moving faster, you have less time to react than when you're moving slower. Seriously. Try it sometime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.