Tiger Woods to Return to Golf at the Masters

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gibbz, Mar 16, 2010.

1. gibbz macrumors 68030

Tiger Woods announced that he is returning to professional golf at this year's Masters.

I guess this is really no surprise. The Masters folks in Augusta run a pretty tight ship and won't put up with heckling, etc. Seems like the logical place for his comeback to start.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Even though I've always liked Tiger and now know he's a jerk. I feel sorry for him. He's bound to get some guff there.

I say he will make the cut but won't finish in the top ten.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I want to have a reaction to this, I really do
    I want to either feel disgust towards him, or feel sorry for him
    I want to either see him do well or fail

But the truth is... I am completely indifferent

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I think everyone deserves a second chance. I'm proud of him for publicly admitting a problem, getting help and now returning to the sport he loves.

5. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I have to agree with you. I've never been a Tiger fan, but I didn't hate the guy either. I couldn't care less about his personal life since it doesn't affect me one bit.

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I hope he wins so we don't have to hear any more about it.

If anyone bugs him, "it's between my wife, kids and I"

If anyone heckles him, "sorry I can't hear you, my BILLION dollars are in my ears"

done.

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

"Oh, I hope he wins. He's a publicist's dream. I mean a guy who could drive the ball that far -- oh, he could really draw a crowd."- Happy Gilmore:)

8. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

The problem with people is that they can accomplish some amazing things but at the end of the day they're all pretty much filthy crap. If there's someone out there that you (you, the any reader, not you, the guy I quoted) admire, you'd do well to avoid finding out anything about them as a person. That sort of thing is hell on respect.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Good luck, Tiger. Fill those holes like we all know you can!

10. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

He's supposedly especially good at the back 9.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Meh who cares? I say just get it done already so his sorry ass stops dominating Sports Center.

12. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I'm surprised though how fast he decided to return. I really thought he would take more time off.

13. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I'm quite sure that his first tournament back will be quite the media frenzy even if it is at Augusta. It will only up his face time on Sportscenter, the radio, and the like as they analyze and over analyze his game to determine how his personal life is affecting his focus, swing, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. In all honesty, him winning it would probably be the only thing that would hasten us getting past all of this.

14. Hissori macrumors member

I'm glad hes back. Hes the best of the best, and despite having quite a difficult personal life, it can't drag him down forever.

Best of luck to him.

15. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

He ****ed a bunch of gorgeous women and he made lots of money oooh ahhhh he is such a douche bag right?:rolleyes: He is no Wilt Chamberlin or Gene Simmons he is a "role model" so let's criticize him for using his penis as a successful man...sorry I criticize him for the simple reason that he apologized rather than telling the media to go **** themselves. I have more respect for the former governor of Illinois than I do for Tiger at least that crooked bastard didn't back peddle.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They will not stray too far from golf talk at the masters if they want to stay on the course. The tournament will not allow huge media or any disparaging remarks there. That is the reason Tiger decided to return to Augusta. It is a very controlled event.

17. BigTroll macrumors member

I thought tiger woods was really great on that new southpark episode, i want the video game.

18. gibbz thread starter macrumors 68030

He's a douche bag because he was in a committed relationship with a wife and kids. Several of the times he "used his penis as a successful man", his wife was 8 months pregnant. What a winner.

19. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Why is this an issue, do you own company stock in his penis? did you bet on his penis?
    Sorry but the only reason I have no respect for the dude is he back peddled while making a private matter public creating a spectacle.

20. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

+1,000

I guess some of us have morals.

21. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

UGH WHO CARES!!!
    Lots of guys (and girls) cheat every day and it doesn't get turned into a national spectacle. The guy f***ed up, he admitted it, he apologized, yes he's a douche -- everybody get on with your lives and let him get on with his.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Most men don't cheat with 20 different women.

23. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No one is so successful, rich and powerful that he can "have it all"... a committed family relationship as a husband and father AND bang "gorgeous woman" AKA "skanks". It is really quite simple. If he wants to be the husband/father... he has to give up the skanks. If he wants to bang ambitious whorish women everywhere he goes... nobody would look twice IF he wasn't in a committed relationship as a husband/father. Other celebs do it all the time without a ripple. If that is the lifestyle he wanted, he should have manned up and either never married or ended his relationship. But the arrogance comes when he feels entitled to both worlds because he is somehow different.

The only one that deserved his apology/penance was his wife and family. Not his peers, not his fans, and certainly not the skanks, even though some have gone public saying he should apologize to them too. On the contrary, they owe his wife an apology as well.

Tiger is a fallible human like the rest of us, and he should be allowed to get on with his life. But he shouldn't be given a pass because of "who he is" and he certainly shouldn't be admired for using his penis as a successful man.

24. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Nor should he be vilified for sticking his pecker where it didn't belong, he is an idiot for making the matter a public issue when his "game" has nothing to do with his game.

25. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

There are three things in this world I honestly don't care about...
    Tiger Woods is one of them.