Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
We were young, so young

That's the worst analogy I've ever heard in my life.
I'm jealous, you seam to be so young. :rolleyes:
As a proud European and avid Apple user this is one of the most idiotic things I've heard this year.
Yes, it is stupid to blame a whole continent for what is wrong with Android. But honestly, that's not even the most idiotic thing I've heard today. Its the opening day of the Sotchi Olympics and every five seconds someone is saying something insane about Russia on TV.
This is the most uneducated and idiotic comment I have heard in years ...
Don't you people never watch the news? Not even The Daily Show! People are making uneducated and idiotic comments all the time. Some top U.S. diplomat for Europe just said: "**** the EU". And you wanna tell me, that "many things under one name" is the worst you've heard in years?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
So is Mac Rumors going to post a different front page story for every single thing Cook said in this interview? How about one story with a link to the interview where everyone can read the whole thing themselves.

A link would be good but I still want it on the front page so I can see what people have to say about it

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Totally agree. I'm not offended in any way - I just think he's had one of those moments. We all have them. Unfortunately for him he's indirectly insulted half of Apple's entire customer base.

Let's just say his PR team will be EXTREMELY busy tonight.

Doubtful. This interview came out on a Friday, not Monday. And with the Olympics starting the last thing the media will be focusing on is what Apple's CEO said in a Wall Street Journal interview.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Don't you people never watch the news? Not even The Daily Show! People are making uneducated and idiotic comments all the time. Some top U.S. diplomat for Europe just said: "**** the EU". And you wanna tell me, that "many things under one name" is the worst you've heard in years?

Yeah people say much stupider things then that CUZ IT WASN'T STUPID IN THE FIRST PLACE

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
A link would be good but I still want it on the front page so I can see what people have to say about it

That's fine, but two separate front page stories highlighting the same interview is not necessary is it? Of course we know this one is purely for page views and would be right at home on the front page of Business Insider.

Diesel79

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013
UK
Come to think of it, What has Tim Cook actually done for Apple since taking the helm? Add half an inch to the iPhone? Made a lighter iPad?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
There's 3-5 points off Apples already shrinking market share in Europe.

You really think the average European gives a toss what the CEO of Apple says in an interview? Shoot, they probably don't even know who Tim Cook is.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
So is Mac Rumors going to post a different front page story for every single thing Cook said in this interview? How about one story with a link to the interview where everyone can read the whole thing themselves.

Well, it's going to be tough to generate the hits that the Samsung Olympic non story did.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Come to think of it, What has Tim Cook actually done for Apple since taking the helm? Add half an inch the the iPhone? Made a lighter iPad?

Sold more products, generated more revenues and profits than Apple ever had in its history. I guess Steve Jobs had no clue what he was doing when he recommended Cook replace him as CEO.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
You really think the average European gives a toss what the CEO of Apple says in an interview? Shoot, they probably don't even know who Tim Cook is.

Maybe they're the same people who won't buy Samsung products because they asked to have Apple logos covered on the athletes iPhones. There were a whole bunch of them on here yesterday. :D

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Well, it's going to be tough to generate the hits that the Samsung Olympic non story did.

And I still see it being reported elsewhere even though we now know it was completely false. But that's the internet these days...driven by click bait and trolling. Sigh.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
That's fine, but two separate front page stories highlighting the same interview is not necessary is it? Of course we know this one is purely for page views and would be right at home on the front page of Business Insider.

Its better to have a whole new news story for every paragraph he says.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Maybe they're the same people who won't buy Samsung products because they asked to have Apple logos covered on the athletes iPhones. There were a whole bunch of them on here yesterday. :D

But I thought Samsung was huge in a Europe? :eek:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
And I still see it being reported elsewhere even though we now know it was completely false. But that's the internet these days...driven by click bait and trolling. Sigh.

And that has unfortunately become the truth. I blame Google. :D:D

Diesel79

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013
UK
Sold more products, generated more revenues and profits than Apple ever had in its history. I guess Steve Jobs had no clue what he was doing when he recommended Cook replace him as CEO.

So basically he's changed virtually nothing and made more money? Sounds like ripping people off to me. But Tim Cook already had a platform to build off of. It's not like he started a new company and did better than Steve Jobs ever could.

Apple need to bring out larger screen iPhones with leading tech inside them. If they don't you can laugh at Android all you want but it will be the final nail in iPhones coffin.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Its better to have a whole new news story for every paragraph he says.

I guess this is no different to keynotes and earnings calls that get split up into umpteen stories when one or two would suffice. AI is just as bad when it comes to this.

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
Ι think a CEO must not speak politics...

because politics stinks...
so if a CEo speaks about politics,automatically that s not a good thing.

the thing he said about the name ''Europe'' indicates profound ,amazing and fantastic (to use some of the words an apple ceo usually uses) IGNORANCE...

I do not like people who speak about something they do not know...

PS give us the 5inch iPhone...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.