Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
What's with all the Putin Hatin? He's doing everything I would do if I was the leader of Russia and NATO was slowly surrounding my country. His behavior is very rational.

Macboy Pro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Roger Goodell? The Washington R******s, and the Adrian Petersen and Ray Rice abuses obliterated any character and credibility he or the NFL ever had.

TIME shouldn't have even taken the time (pun intended) to consider him.

BL.

LOL, the Redskins? What do they have to do with Goodell?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Looking back at a few of the more recent winners: Obama, Zuckerberg, Bernanke, Putin, G.W. Bush, Bezos, Pope JP, Clinton, Ted Turner, Daddy Bush—it's like a who's who of morons and ***holes.

I, for one, hope that Tim Cook doesn't win.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Remember that year Time put some mirrored foil on the cover and the "Person of the Year" was you? That was deservedly mocked far and wide and was about the time I stopped reading that rag.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
That has to be the worst list of nominees, especially the ferguson "protestors". Seriously?!?!

These are all terrible choices. Taylor Swift, hahaha. Putin?? :rolleyes:

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Guys, this is not an approval rating.
This is just to reflect on the significance on certain people.
Sometimes beyond their field of work.
(Cook)

Sometimes due to their influence on politics and how countries might once look like.
(Putin)

This is not your high school's class president voting.

Glassed Silver:mac

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
That list - what a joke, seriously.

Not to defend the list, because I also think they could have done better...

.. but who would be on your list for Person of the Year? In short, you're not happy with what they have - could you post better? I'd love to see what others have in mind for the award.

BL.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Being gay in a world where gays and lesbians are still persecuted or killed for who and what they are is sure as hell a big deal. And for someone who the head of one of the biggest companies in the world to come out as gay is a big deal. That gives others hope that it can and will get better.

BL.

Tim Cook coming out was not the most important event 2014.

Sandstorm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2011
Riga, Latvia
Putin would also belong in the most wanted terrorist list.

Name: Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin
Known aliases: Putler, Huilo.
Crimes: mass murder, theft of state properties, liquidation of independent media, information warfare, multiple illegal wars, occupation, supplying terrorists with weapons and money, general crimes against humanity and psychopathic desire to start WW3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.