Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Just because I’m here replying, doesn’t mean I like it. Unfortunately now that the tech age has eroded normal social and economical normality, there’s no other choice. Doesn’t mean I can’t hope for what was before.

Being around here is absolutely voluntary. So is having any of Apple devices or services. We are here because we are interested and LIKE to be here.

Reactions: subi257

b-dogg

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
IMG_0358.JPG

I think Tim's idea of how many sensors a car needs is a little OTT...

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Has a love for nature yet is one of the biggest parts in making this world a technological cesspit. He’s deluded. At this rate, in 25yrs we will all be mixing with AI and slaves to the system. If he loves nature so much then leave Apple and encourage going back to the pre internet age. Ever since the internet has taken over, quality of life has gone down.
What does the Internet have to do with if someone loves nature or not?
There have always been things to do indoors. Before the Internet, people would listen to their hi-fi systems for hours on end, or watch TV for hours on end. Why is searching the Internet any different?
Also, if anything the Internet makes it easier to explore nature.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
However, don't make it round as that its a waste of usable real estate for information! I did not buy it as a watch, I bought it as a data device. Before the AW I did not use a watch at all.
Just use your phone and a fit bit.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
If Tim thinks all those sensors in your car will be replaced by the Apple Watch, he's got rocks in his head
I get annoyed enough when driving and i hear a beep...

Luckily, my car is not always with me...

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
If Tim thinks all those sensors in your car will be replaced by the Apple Watch, he's got rocks in his head

Which is why he didn’t even hint at that. The car is used as an analogy for the sheer amount of sensors available.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Skin thermometer?

Like your own temperature is more practical and useful than oxygen blood data? Are you serious right now?

Ummm.. yes? Do you see everyone in public area slinging around SpO2 sensor to check if someone has COVID or not? Instead they use thermometer to have a quick check on you.

Now with thermometer on Apple Watch it could monitor your body temp all day long. I mean does average person care if they have 98 or 99% blood oxygen level? But 98F means your body is okay, anything more means you're having a fever. Average joes could use that information.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
There are close to 160 million American’s alone affected by Diabetes ... my mother too so a glucose sensor and accurate measuring and food suggestions in an ecosystem like Health app would REALLY interest me personally, and the nail to switch my mom from Android to iOS/Watch OS.

Not particularly close, in reality.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

skitidetdu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2013
Sweden
For sure it has Antilock brakes, an airbag or a thermometer. Plenty sensors already.
Well as you may tell I don't know anything about cars. Yes it has anti braking, an airbag. But when I'm riding with friends there's so much going on, parking assistants beeping, lane assist beeping, camera for backing up, dead spot warning beeping etc. I'm almost going crazy by all the beeping.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Well as you may tell I don't know anything about cars. Yes it has anti braking, an airbag. But when I'm riding with friends there's so much going on, parking assistants beeping, lane assist beeping, camera for backing up, dead spot warning beeping etc. I'm almost going crazy by all the beeping.

Thanks for acknowledging you learned that cars are stuffed with sensors now. Mr Cook wanted to simply use that as a comparison point to explain that future watches will also have plenty sensors.
Rest assured, no beeping and no parking or lane assistance on your wrist. :)

subi257

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
Just use your phone and a fit bit.
FitBit is technologically behind the curve compared to the AW. I used to use that and went ti the AW because of the tech and Apple's ecosystem. At some point the AW will be capable of ALMOST replacing the phone...maybe make the phone as simply a small processor module that us keep in your pocket and the AW is the front end....akin to a desktop computer CPU and then you have a touchscreen that you wear on you wrist.....It's time to move on from a watch unless you are into the jewelry value....IMHO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.