Tim Cook Was Named to Hillary Clinton's List of Vice Presidential Candidates

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, Oct 18, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

WikiLeaks has leaked yet another email from Hillary Clinton presidential campaign chairman John Podesta that reveals Apple CEO Tim Cook was among a list of candidates for Vice President of the United States, alongside Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, and dozens of others.

[​IMG]

In August, Cook hosted a fundraising event for the Hillary Victory Fund, a committee that contributes to the Clinton campaign, the Democratic National Committee, and 38 state parties. Cook, along with Apple environmental chief Lisa Jackson, acted as private citizens, not as representatives of Apple. Cook has demonstrated support for both Democrats and Republicans.

Note: Due to the political nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.

Article Link: Tim Cook Was Named to Hillary Clinton's List of Vice Presidential Candidates

2. jmh600cbr macrumors 6502a

jmh600cbr

Good. The list should be vast. Just because he was on the list doesn't mean it was likely to happen.

3. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

How about Tim Cook concentrate on getting the headphone jack back and making new Macs?

4. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

5. cube macrumors G5

6. nfl46 macrumors 604

Dang, Tim could have been VP of the US! Tim doesn't strike me has a political person though. That job can be very controversial.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

8. palmerc macrumors 6502

palmerc

9. krause734 macrumors 6502a

krause734

Forget Obamaphones! Gimme one of them Hillaryphones!

10. cube macrumors G5

And it would have required courage.

11. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

Yeah no, Cook as a VP of the US? He's got no idea of politics. He's great as CEO of Apple and knows how to handle issues that are also politically charged, but being a VP wouldn't work on him. In fact, Clinton is not gonna work as President, that I can tell you. :p

12. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

13. Schwyz, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016

Schwyz macrumors regular

Schwyz

Who cares? I'M LAUGHING.

14. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

People should not read too much into this.

This was the everyone-and-the-kitchen-sink list they start with, just to have something to work with as they cut it down.

15. IndigoDesign macrumors regular

Meh I still think RELIGION, ECONOMY and POLITICS should be strictly separated and not influence one another. I'm sick of celebrities, industrialists and big CEOs siding with one or the other political figure. It's called manipulation.

16. byulasfjazz macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

You can have one... but it doesn't come with the email feature. Also you can have mulitple phones as long as you say you only have one.

17. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Although I'd love to see Bill Gates or Tim Cook as president, the fact of the matter is, they're more powerful being outside the government than in it.

The president's power is limited to what Congress and the Courts will let you do.

Tim Cook can make Apple do pretty much whatever he wants as CEO. Bill Gates is independently wealthy and really can just do whatever he wants. If he wants to pay billions of dollars to develop vaccines to help Africans, he can do that - he has nobody to answer to.

Same deal with Elon Musk. If he wants to spend billions of dollars to send a rocket to Mars, nobody can tell him no.

The president can't send people to Mars just because he wants to, though. He has to explain how that's a good usage of tax money right now.

18. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

O, man, that woulda been great! Solving two problems with one move! And just think of all the ways we could innovate this country through acquisition! Why, I'm thinking if we just bought Israel and Germany and maybe the UK, we could have the greatest country ever!

19. otternonsense, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

Upon election, Timmy would promise profound things down the pipeline. After a full term, US citizens would have never found out what they'd be.

20. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

I see you have the Dutch version of Trump as your avatar, man man man.

21. iamgalt macrumors regular

iamgalt

It would also be a huge pay cut for them. :)

22. davester macrumors regular

davester

23. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

This is called starting with an open mind. Something this candidate is much better at than her opponent. It would've been another historic first if it had materialized - the first gay candidate on a major ticket. It was obviously unlikely, however, for a number of reasons.

24. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Initially I was a solid unconditional supporter of Tim Cook.

Then he ruined things by shoving politics in our face.

Bleeping Dolt!

25. ToM7 macrumors 6502

ToM7

apple watch Hillary Clinton edition
    it comes with a great features that puts you alarms every minute to wake up