Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Upon election, Timmy would have promised profound things down the pipeline. After 4 years, US citizens would have never found out what they'd be.
With news of the not-so-secret secret Apple Car being cancelled, the pipeline more or less collapsed. That seemed to be "IT" for at least a couple of years now. And poof, it's gone. There's rumors of a new IPhone redesign for next year, but the sad thing is on a superficial level it matches the description of Samsung and other phones that have already been out for a year. I'm hoping the best of it simply has yet to be leaked.

A president does need to build and invest in things that can be the foundation for a great future that they may not even get credit for when it all comes to fruition. But a president also needs to manage the here and now. Cook has been letting the "here and now" slide a bit.

But give the man a few more years of dealing with China and India and Japan and Europe and the FBI and see how his skills develop. Maybe in a few years the idea of him being a VP wouldn't seem so odd.

And honestly I think even now I would rather write him in than vote for what's going to be on the ballot in a few weeks. Good old President Noneoftheabove.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I think fast Eddy is more of a fit for Hilary.
1501cue_hero.png

Reactions: RogerWilco

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Tim has been very politically active in his tenure as CEO, so it really is no surprise. But given the pay cut and reduction in power, why would he take the job. Sure, another first, an openly gay man as VP, but is that really worth it?

Reactions: unobtainium

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
How about Tim Cook concentrate on getting the headphone jack back and making new Macs?

Are you REALLY having that much trouble in your life that the headphone jack is upsetting you so much? Does that tiny dongle that comes with the new phone provide a huge hurdle in life? No. The jack is gone, and yet the sun still rises. Time to move on.

edenwaith

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2001
Umm....no thanks. A couple of those people are just fine where they are and don't have much of a background in government politics.

Besides, isn't the VP supposed to be someone you've never heard of so (s)he won't overshadow the primary runner? ;)

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Tim Cook for president! The government will be more secretive than ever while personal privacy will improve. Bonus: MacRumors would become the new WikiLeaks. Hey arn—Richmond isn't far from D.C. and the Ecuadorian embassy! Maybe Pamela Anderson will bring you sandwiches?

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Seriously... The courage thing has been beaten to death. And then kicked, stabbed, shot, jumped on, and beaten some more. It was funny for the first week or two. Let it go.
Hey, I did not even watch the keynote ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.