Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
I still do miss Steve's passion and charisma as a leader. It's just impossible to replace him at Apple.

Charisma = ability to fool and injure the gullible.

In an ethical society, people would band together against such self-absorbed leeches. Steve's personal life speaks for itself; right back to dropping out of college (but continuing to use their resources like a leech) and then demanding his workers have college degrees, all while blaming the educational industry for not doing a good enough job (as an excuse to offshore jobs and help wreck America's economy, since fewer people are working to retain or build skill, because fewer jobs or lower pay means less tax revenue so government can pay its bills (which includes the corporate welfare Apple enjoys at our expense), et cetera...)

----------

It's because Samsung is so much more innovative. They innovated by copying the iPhone, then they innovated again by copying the iPad ...

----------

But here's the question: Would the Galaxy 3 phones have looked like Galaxy 3, or like iPhone 4?

And plenty of articles have revealed Apple did its own share of copying from Android as well.

Had Xerox patented the GUI and mouse, amongst other things, Apple would have been crushed in the 1970s/80s. Steve was a shallow, self-important hypocrite. Definitely not the "liberal" that people paint him as being.

----------

Apple is bigger now that it ever was under Steve. How would Steve have handled the intense competition from Android? What would he have done with regards to emerging markets? Truth is we have no idea.

What "emerging markets"? Enough has been said about China's economy stalling, and possibly going down... India's not doing so hot, and right now they're busy implementing some protectionism of its own (zdnet had an article recently but many have come about over the years, if people really bothered to read up)... economies are not emerging (or expanding), they are all spiraling downward and the media won't really discuss the issue beyond a certain point.

----------

Not even Steve Jobs wanted him to be like him. :p

One thing I think I've noticed is that Tim Cook has a more "listening" side. This can be a strength and a weakness. Jobs was bold, he did things he thought was right

And that is why I still like Apple. Tim Cook is indeed a breath of fresh air. Real fresh air. Not scented spray of the same toxic chemicals that the predecessor used to sell the customers shallow ideas of what they think they need or want.

Especially over a phone or tablet lacking a keyboard and how innovative all-glass was, people seem to be enjoying those aftermarket tactile keyboards because nobody really likes typing on static glass any longer than they absolutely have to... ;) Never mind the original Mac had the keyboard as an optional extra, which just screams "greed"...

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Wow, you were really there when he said no to Tim, that he will not sign the apology letter?

Maps is just an App, Google has 11 years invested in Maps. Apple just 1. Stop the hate please.

Steve Jobs had nothing to do with iOS development in the last two years.
Scott Forstall did ******* up with maps, but unlike others at the top at Apple, he refused to admit responsibility. And when iTunes 11 was released, the product quality was horrendous. I found bugs that looked like either the developers never checked their own code, or were refused the time to fix them. And bugs where a testing team that didn't find them deserved to be fired (but again, I think they weren't given time to fix things). That's Forstall's responsibility, and it was unforgivable. Since then, each release since Forstall is gone has been a major improvement.

If he f***s up, you need to get rid of him. Maybe he was more under control when Jobs was there, or less full of himself. People change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.