Tim Tebow The Documentary

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HE15MAN, Sep 9, 2010.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Isn’t it kind of early to immortalize the guy? Lots of these college standouts totally fail in the pros.

3. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

If you think the only thing that makes you successful is pro success, then you are sadly mistaken. This guy is so much more than on the field activities.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My thoughts exactly. Seems a bit presumptuous to idolize someone who hasn't played a minute in the NFL.

And can we go back to the days when athletes stuck to playing the game and kept their religious beliefs out of it?

5. 184550 Guest

Exactly, I've never cared much for 'celebrities' who used their supposed fame to lecture or inform people of their beliefs outside the spotlight.

I don't think the Broncos are paying him to push a social agenda and I don't think people will show up at games to listen to him spout off Christian talking points.

6. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Wow talk about being ignorant. He does not preach or push his ways on people at all. He is just a great person, from a great family, that does more good for the world than most of this site combined. He is exactly the type of person movies should be made about, he is someone I would love my kids to go up and idolize and have as a role model. It is more stories like the ones that come from him that should be in the news, not worthless losers like Mike Vick and the other sports gangsters.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Haven’t you heard? Our heroes are professional sports players and rap stars. If only Michael Vick could rap!

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Oh, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before the fame and money goes to his head and he joins the likes of Vick, Burress and Rothlisberger. Ideally, he'll go the Burress route and do something stupid to himself rather than harm another person or animal.

9. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Arguing with cynical people is a waste of time. Carry on.

10. 184550 Guest

Remind me how many people watch the Super Bowl again?

Arguing with people blinded by their own love of something is also a waste of time.

Everything is imperfect. Including Tebow.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Tim Tebow is an a**hole. He's anti-choice, anti-gay and supports James Dobson's Focus on the Family.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/19/tim-tebow-focus-on-the-fa_n_543540.html

People like him do not deserve recognition.

You think a great person is someone who supports an organization like Focus on the Family? You would want your kid to grow up to be like that? Do you know what horrible things those people do?

12. 184550 Guest

13. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^ te he he; I'm staying out of this one. Go Frogs! :)

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While some unfortunately do go that route, most don't. Look at Peyton and Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, and many, many others.

15. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm just glad Cleveland didn't pick him up. Instead we got Colt McCoy, who has a silly name and comes from from a silly state but at least he isn't a preacher in his day job. :D

I'm always suspicious of "squeaky clean" athletes anyway. Remember Tiger Woods?

Very true, there are plenty of pro athletes that manage to keep a low personal profile. However, professional sports stars have a well-earned reputation for major implosions in their personal lives.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It remains to be seen how his NFL career will develop. I hope he does well, but it is way too early to know for sure.

Wow, what a narrow minded, bigoted response. You piss and moan for tolerance and acceptance for many gay issues, but seem incapable of practicing what you preach.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Focus on the Family is a hate group, they're barely a step above the klan.

18. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I have no problem with Tebow playing football, but some of the stuff he supports is pretty scary. It's one thing being devoutly religious, it's another to use one's celebrity to actively evangelize.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

EXCUSE ME? Do you even know what Focus on the Family does to gay people? Do you have any ****ing clue? Do you even know that they perform "reparative" therapy on gay people to try to "cure" them?

You want me to open-minded about that? I'm damn well not going to be "open-minded" about junk science, the harm that these people cause and the outright lies they tell. If that makes me a bigot, then I'm the biggest bigot there is. I'd tell you where to go, but I don't need a time out right now.

20. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Guys, keep this thread clean come on. Its about the movie of a very well respected, and great person, and the greatest CFB player of all time.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Won't be long until we hear about him tapping his foot in an airport bathroom.

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Anyone who supports FotF is not a great person and deserves no respect.

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

A subjective assessment...I think Tebow's active and public advocacy of his beliefs makes him a controversial person. I'm somewhat interested in his performances on the field. I have no desire to hear what he does off of it, so long as he stays out of trouble. I'd rather not have him sell his religion and social beliefs in superbowl ads.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You posted a thread about him, not us. What he does publicly is fair game, and definitely should be discussed. He starred in a Focus on the Family ad that aired during the Super Bowl. He supports them. I do not have anything good to say about anyone who would support such an awful group of people.

Would you be supporting a guy who experimented on Jews to try to make their eyes blue and hair blond? No? Then why would you support this guy, who supports a group that experiments on gay people to try to "cure" them?