Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

May 8, 2008
EXCUSE ME? Do you even know what Focus on the Family does to gay people? Do you have any ****ing clue? Do you even know that they perform "reparative" therapy on gay people to try to "cure" them?

You want me to open-minded about that? I'm damn well not going to be "open-minded" about junk science, the harm that these people cause and the outright lies they tell. If that makes me a bigot, then I'm the biggest bigot there is. I'd tell you where to go, but I don't need a time out right now.

You seem to be implying that FotF takes gay people, against their will, and tries to 'cure' them. A la reditioning them or something.

I seriously doubt this is the case. While I hardly agree or support FotF, they are certainly within in their right to do whatever they want so long as they don't break the law. Unfortunately, acting stupidly isn't against the law.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Wow talk about being ignorant. He does not preach or push his ways on people at all. He is just a great person, from a great family, that does more good for the world than most of this site combined. He is exactly the type of person movies should be made about, he is someone I would love my kids to go up and idolize and have as a role model. It is more stories like the ones that come from him that should be in the news, not worthless losers like Mike Vick and the other sports gangsters.

Wow, really?

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
You seem to be implying that FotF takes gay people, against their will, and tries to 'cure' them. A la reditioning them or something.

I seriously doubt this is the case. While I hardly agree or support FotF, they are certainly within in their right to do whatever they want so long as they don't break the law. Unfortunately, acting stupidly isn't against the law.

It doesn't matter. The harm is still done, lies are lies and junk science is still junk science. Taking advantage of people's ignorance, self-hatred and fear is not exactly what I would call "moral". I never said what they do is illegal, I said it's disgusting and horrifying. Many people have committed suicide because of what they do. Others have been badly psychologically damaged. They should not be able to present what they do as science or "therapy".

No one was forced to take out ARM loans in the last decade either, and that was legal, wasn't it? But maybe it shouldn't have been.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I would love for this guy to fade out of the spotlight. He was a decent cfb player and will be a terrible pro. End of story. Now cut out all of this religious bs and work on being a qb and you may amount to something better than a 3rd backup...

I'm just happy I'm not a Broncos fan.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I would love for this guy to fade out of the spotlight. He was a decent cfb player and will be a terrible pro. End of story. Now cut out all of this religious bs and work on being a qb and you may amount to something better than a 3rd backup...

I'm just happy I'm not a Broncos fan.

Must be nice to already know Tebow's NFL future. You wouldn't happen to have this week's winning Powerball numbers would you?:rolleyes:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
My thoughts exactly. Seems a bit presumptuous to idolize someone who hasn't played a minute in the NFL.
I think its odd we worship people we pay millions of dollars to play a game in the first place.

:confused:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I think its odd we worship people we pay millions of dollars to play a game in the first place.

:confused:

Agreed.

However, from all accounts that I have read, Tebow has been a hard worker during training camps and preseason. He seems to have earned a lot of respect from his teammates rather than resentment over all of the hoopla his arrival in Denver has caused.

It is way too early to know how his career will play out. My wife is an alumni of the University of Florida and her parents think Tebow is the greatest thing. I have often reminded them that UF has had several great quarterbacks that haven't really done all of that well in the NFL. Time will tell if Tebow will be able to succeed.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Guys, keep this thread clean come on. Its about the movie of a very well respected, and great person, and the greatest CFB player of all time.

1258324953244.jpg

I got a good laugh out of that post I can easily pick 5 better players that are better than Teblows:p

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
No idea who this guy is/was.

a4e70044ceb6b06574d5e8dc9ffb4333.jpg

This single picture tells me all I need to know though. Don't need to know anything else about him beyond this cheap tawdry public display to gauge his character. Bible verses on his face during a game takes him to the two-word level: tosser & wanker. Wanker's just not enough for this sort of display. Has to be a tosser *and* a wanker.

Just my opinion though. I'm sure he appeals to many people and will have many personal (as opposed to sports) fans. Just like any other public figure who wears their religion on their sleeve... on their face... in your face...

PS. Google tells me another recruit told him to feck off when he demanded they all group-pray before a psych test. He feels the need to pray before a psych evaluation? I'd wager he does.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Seriously if you can say Tebow is better than John Elway Archi Manning Peyton Manning or Vince Young you are obviously delusional

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Seriously if you can say Tebow is better than John Elway Archi Manning Peyton Manning or Vince Young you are obviously delusional

Of course right now he isn't, but some day he may be. His career is just beginning. Only time will tell how good or bad he will be.

Everyone predicting that he will fail is just as delusional as those who think that he will be the best quarterback ever.:rolleyes:

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden

Chuffed as I am that you mention Vince Young alongside Peyton Manning, I don't know what you can say either way about Tebow. He's not exactly done anything for his pro career yet.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
No idea who this guy is/was.

a4e70044ceb6b06574d5e8dc9ffb4333.jpg

This single picture tells me all I need to know though. Don't need to know anything else about him beyond this cheap tawdry public display to gauge his character. Bible verses on his face during a game takes him to the two-word level: tosser & wanker. Wanker's just not enough for this sort of display. Has to be a tosser *and* a wanker.

Just my opinion though. I'm sure he appeals to many people and will have many personal (as opposed to sports) fans. Just like any other public figure who wears their religion on their sleeve... on their face... in your face...

PS. Google tells me another recruit told him to feck off when he demanded they all group-pray before a psych test. He feels the need to pray before a psych evaluation? I'd wager he does.

He's definitely not someone I would ever want to be around. If I had to be on a team with him, we probably would have already nearly killed each other. I don't deal well with people like him at all. I'd be as nice as I could for as long as possible, but something tells me it would get ugly pretty fast.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Of course right now he isn't, but some day he may be. His career is just beginning. Only time will tell how good or bad he will be.

Everyone predicting that he will fail is just as delusional as those who think that he will be the best quarterback ever.:rolleyes:

I'm not predicting he will fail. I'm just hoping he will fail.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off

I couldn't care less whether he succeeds or fails from a sports standpoint; my issue is that I find his off-the-field persona to be nauseating and offensive. He's obviously a talented athelete - shame about all the bible-thumping crap he drags into the picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.