Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
I've been debating if I should get the xs or small classic messenger bag. I'll be using it as a everyday bag & my iPad will be in a Portenzo notebook style case which is about 10" x 7.8". Do you think I'll be ok with the xs or should I bump up to a small?

Thanks!

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
I've been debating if I should get the xs or small classic messenger bag. I'll be using it as a everyday bag & my iPad will be in a Portenzo notebook style case which is about 10" x 7.8". Do you think I'll be ok with the xs or should I bump up to a small?

Thanks!

The XS is doable but not much room will be leftover. Plus, the XS's I've seen in person are strangely shaped internally leaving very little "floor" area forcing your stuff to squish together. So, personally, I would not go with anything below the Classic Small in size.

lmg74

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
TX
The XS is doable but not much room will be leftover. Plus, the XS's I've seen in person are strangely shaped internally leaving very little "floor" area forcing your stuff to squish together. So, personally, I would not go with anything below the Classic Small in size.

Thanks for the info! I cancelled my xs & ordered a small.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I got my wife and I each the Timbuk2 envelope sleeves for our iPad 2's and we both love them. Our iPads fit great with the smart cover on. I was so impressed I ordered the black Freestyle Netbook Messenger to use on an upcoming trip.

machomer

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
here with yoobao
photo3vhv.jpg

Which bag is this? Do you find that its enough room to fit your ipad and dslr in the bag? From the pictures it looks like there might be a little extra room on the side of the camera to fit something else.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Which bag is this? Do you find that its enough room to fit your ipad and dslr in the bag? From the pictures it looks like there might be a little extra room on the side of the camera to fit something else.

This is either the Classic Messenger (XS) or the Freestyle Messenger. The only difference between the two AFAIK, is that the Freestyle's iPad/Netbook pocket is more padded. I have the Classic Messenger (XS) and it's non-padded pocket provides ample storage and protection especially if you already have the iPad in some sort of case.

machomer

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
This is either the Classic Messenger (XS) or the Freestyle Messenger. The only difference between the two AFAIK, is that the Freestyle's iPad/Netbook pocket is more padded. I have the Classic Messenger (XS) and it's non-padded pocket provides ample storage and protection especially if you already have the iPad in some sort of case.

Thanks. I didn't know the difference between the two. I need to get to a store and check them out in person. Thanks for narrowing it down for me.

Anyone here recommend one bag over another for carrying your iPad and dslr around?

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
I ordered the D-Lux racing stripe in small, to carry my iPad 2 in Portenzo case. I've read many places that the freestyle iPad pocket was too small for iPad with the larger cases, so opted for the small size. Also supposed to have longer strap on small over the freestyle. As i want to carry it like normal messenger but crossbody Will post pics once it arrives. I like that it has separate pocket for iPad.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Just adding a data point . . .

I have both a XS and a S, and ended up liking the small more. It's an easier fit, and a little more versatile for other uses.

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2010
I ordered the D-Lux racing stripe in small, to carry my iPad 2 in Portenzo case. I've read many places that the freestyle iPad pocket was too small for iPad with the larger cases, so opted for the small size. Also supposed to have longer strap on small over the freestyle. As i want to carry it like normal messenger but crossbody Will post pics once it arrives. I like that it has separate pocket for iPad.

the pics you promised please :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.