Time Capsule in stores?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by firefoxnx, Mar 1, 2008.

1. firefoxnx macrumors member

firefoxnx

Does anyone know if Time Capsule is available in Apple retail stores?

2. ljones macrumors regular

I purchased mine from the Apple store in lenox mall yesterday after work. All they had left were the 1 TB versions, and they didn't have any out on display and some of the workers didn't even know. I went to another sales person and he went to the back to see what was left.

3. Critical Hippo macrumors member

That thread has devolved into a random Time Capsule discussion. I'm more interested in actually finding the device in stores, but I've had no luck so far.

In Illinois, Old Orchard says it has sold out and the North Michigan Avenue store keeps saying they expect to get it in next week. I guess that location is trapped in some sort of time paradox, stuck days behind every other store in the country.

4. Nefertiti macrumors newbie

Nyc?

Anyone had any luck in any of the Manhattan stores (or get any useful information)?

5. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I know the stores in SW Florida have them. I called a few hours ago. I can't get there till tomorrow and hope they still have some left!!!

6. prominence macrumors regular

Just called the Apple Store here in Columbus, Ohio. They are sold out as well and the lady said she did not know when the next shipment would arrive.

7. NoLongerAPCGuy macrumors newbie

I purchased mine at Woodfield Mall, Friday night. Oak Brook also had some in stock on Friday evening but chose to drive to Woodfield to eat at Texas de Brazil.

8. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

Got mine at the Nashville/Green Hills TN apple store yesterday, was the only 1tb on the shelf but they had 3 500gbs. they probably had more in the back.

9. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

I shall also ask the question. Anyone know of the availability of TC in the London (England) store?
    Thinking of catching the Tube in on Sunday if they are.

10. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I called SoHo yesterday and they weren't in stock. That was probably about 1 PM.

11. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

I was at the Stoneridge Mall store in Pleasanton, CA earlier today and they had none in stock.

12. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Marlton, NJ did not have any in stock as of this afternoon. I was told that they expect decent quantities next week.

13. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Went to the MacArthur Mall location both yesterday and today...none in stock, though yesterday they had the 500GB version and of course I want the 1TB.

The Apple website should do the availability check for the Time Capsules like they do for the MacBook Air so we will know if our local stores will have them in the next day.

14. AnthonyCM macrumors regular

I was in the Manhattan SoHo store around 2 p.m. today, and they didn't have any in stock. They were still giving me the vague answer of 'any day now' when I asked when it would arrived.

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Bought a 1TB today at the Apple store in Christiana Mall in Newark, DE. Had to ask a sales gal. None on display or on the shelves. Not sure if they had any 500GB models.

16. jlforester macrumors newbie

I got my TC yesterday afternoon at the Apple store at South Hills Village. I called before going and they said they had both 500GB and 1TB. When I got there, they didn't have any on the shelf, and the sales guy wasn't sure if they had any. He went in the back and came out with the 1TB TC I was after. I picked up a ping 8GB iPod nano for my wife while I was there.

17. HazChem macrumors regular

The South Coast Plaza store was out of the 500gb model but they had the 1TB model. They have been selling out very quickly of the 500gb.

18. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I was at the Stonestown Galleria today in San Francisco and they said they had them earlier but were out of stock as of 5p. :mad:

19. Darge13 macrumors newbie

ubercool , call up the Corte Madera store and see if they have any. Just a short drive over the bridge.

20. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I might just do that. I'm also going to be near Union Square today and I will pop into the Stockton store, although I already know they probably won't have it! :eek:

21. bala macrumors newbie

Cleveland?

Hi, does anybody know where I could get a 500gig one in Cleveland, OH?

Thanx, Bala

22. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

OK, so here are my experiences thusfar in San Francisco:

Apple Store Stockton -- out of stock
    Apple Store Galleria Stonestown -- out of stock
    Apple Store Corte Madera -- -- out of stock
    Best Buy San Francisco -- have not tried yet, but I doubt it

:(

23. fk51785 macrumors regular

I called 3 place near my area:

Galleria (Ft.Lauderdale) - Sold out
    Aventura (Aventura) - Sold out
    The Falls (Miami) - Sold out

:(

24. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

Has it been released in Canada yet? Apple Canada's website still says 'preorder now'.