Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
Only NYC store that had them was the West 14th street store. I checked the 5Th avenue store on Friday afternoon(5PM). Sunday morning I call the SOHO store, they has nothing. Then I called the West 14th street store(9:15am), they had both 500gb and the 1TB. I took the train down there immediately. When I got there, the 500gb's was gone. So I got the 1TB. Got it home and set it up in a snap, works great.

Nefertiti

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
The Fifth Avenue store in NYC has them now (both 500GB and 1TB). I picked one up a few hours ago and there were plenty of both on the shelves, but of course you could just go now if you really want one since it's conveniently open 24 hours.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Best Buy didn't get any and didn't show any at their warehouse.

Anyone that work at BB know when they will recieve the TC? I've got some gift cards asking to be used up ....

Critical Hippo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Argle Blargle. Still nothing in stock at Chicago's North Michigan Avenue store. This might be the first time when pre-ordering through Apple's online store would have been faster for me.

The local Best Buys here still list the Time Capsule as "on order" as well.

grimslade

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
Only NYC store that had them was the West 14th street store. I checked the 5Th avenue store on Friday afternoon(5PM). Sunday morning I call the SOHO store, they has nothing. Then I called the West 14th street store(9:15am), they had both 500gb and the 1TB. I took the train down there immediately. When I got there, the 500gb's was gone. So I got the 1TB. Got it home and set it up in a snap, works great.

Anyone know anything about NYC stocks as of today?

grimslade

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
Anyone know anything about NYC stocks as of today?

As of six o'clock last night, Soho in NYC was out, 59th St. had "4" according to a salesman. They were in the back, not on shelves.

My problem now is figuring out how to make mine work with my two VOIP boxes and one of my two DSL modems.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Columbia Mall Apple Store had them in Maryland

I got mine on February 29th. It seemed like they had very limited stock of them as I had to really pull a few arms to have them hold me one. My advice if you want one, go to the store if you live nearby, or if you have something else to get. Don't let yourself be disappointed if they are out of stock.

f1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
They had it in stock at Toronto Eaton Centre on monday when i went there, not sure if its still in stock, seemed to be huge interest in it that day. And Canada is usually last when receiving new products.. go figure...

BBC B 32k

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2005
London
I phoned Regent St. at lunchtime and they were out of 500GB and had 6 1TB left. By the time I got there at 4pm I bought the second to last 1TB drive so it's safe to assume they all came and went.

Wonder if anyone can keep us updated on the London store stock status? These things move pretty fast. I am after the 500gig - seems a really good price point.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Cambridgeside in MA is Sold out. I was walking into the store today, and a guy was in front of me walking in the same direction where they would be located and asked about it. So I didn't even bother asking and turned around and walked right out.

Funny how someone went in at the same exact time, looking for the same thing.

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
OK, I went to the San Francisco Stockton store and no dice. I called the Corte Madera store and they didn't have them either. Oh well, this sux. :(

Critical Hippo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Finally picked up a 500 gig version in Chicago at the North Michigan Ave. store. Looks like I'll have the weekend to get everything set up correctly.

rwnewton

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
What about the Chestnut Street store?

I called the Chestnut St store yesterday and no go. Today, Stonestown was out, so I ordered my TC online. The ship date was stated as 3/14 - 3/18, but I hope it ships earlier. We'll see...

dwigtshrute

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2007
FL
Was just in the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia in Orlando, FL and an employee said they had the 500gb TC in stock.

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
I was just in the Stockton Street store to return my Shure SE210s and this very cute Apple Store cashier, Becky (ask for her!), told me they got four in this morning, but they were all gone, of course!

Oh well, at least Becky was friendly and cool! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.