Time Capsule would be better if.....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mikebuzzsaw, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

complete the sentence....

Time Capsule would be better if I could access my files off the hard drive remotely! Like from school or work. :)

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Would be better if it was a RAID 1 storage device. Still it's perfect for me so I ordered the 1TB version. Can't wait till it ships at the end of this month. :)

3. odagled macrumors member

4. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Time Capsule would be better if.......it knew what files I had mistakenly deleted and recovered them before i even knew they had gone (whilst I was asleep) :D

5. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Time capsule would be better if it had arrived at my house

6. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Time Capsule would be better if...

...it was available now.​

7. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

Pre ordered the 1TB here.

Time capsule would be better if......................it made its way into my house tonight and set itself up ready for me in the morning.................yes it would also sign for itself when delivered:D

8. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Wouldn't that technically make it a web server, then? lol.

Time Capsule would be better if I could afford it xD

9. kolax macrumors G3

I'm sure that will be possible since it is already possible with the Airport Extreme N and a USB Hard Drive.

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Actually the price is quite reasonable for both the 500GB and 1TB when you consider what you are getting. You get a NAS and a backup device and a wireless N router for $299 or $499. Some people are just cheap no matter how much something cost. :rolleyes:

11. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I agree. I think the price is perfect for what you are getting. I am highly considering ditching my airport extreme for a Time Capsule. The cost never seemed outrageous to me.

12. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Yeah, this is one of the first Apple products that most people have agreed that the price is reasonable. can't wait for mine to get here. I don't know exactly why it's not shipping till the end of the month.

13. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Yeah it is strange that its taking so long to ship. Maybe it needs FCC approval or something? Did you get the 1TB or the 500?

14. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

... if I hadn't just bought an Airport Extreme two weeks before it came out...

15. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

i have the 24" iMac with 500GB so at first I was going for the 500GB model but when I realized that for the long term it made more sense to get the 1TB especially for the price so I ordered the 1TB. I think it's FCC thing as well. I was at Macworld this year and tried it out, it's awesome however be prepared it does get a little on the warm side but it doesn't matter much since it will be sitting.

16. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Time Capsule would be better if... it supported AirTunes. :mad:

SL

17. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Thats the way I feel. Might as well just "go big" now rather than regret it later. I envy you for getting to go to Macworld! Must have been an awesome experience. By the way, is the footprint of it much bigger than the current Airport Extreme?

18. mr. buttons macrumors newbie

time capsule would be better if it was available already....and it could brew my coffee and pick up my dry cleaning.

19. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area so I go to Macworld every year. It's is an awesome experience, much better than CES. The footprint is bigger than the Airport Extreme, you can tell at first glance but it's so nice to look at.
    The nice thing about going to Macworld is seeing the new stuff first hand before it gets released. I think most people on the forums that have negative opinions about Apple's products that have not been released is that they have not seem them in person, touched them and tried them out so it's easy to give negative opinions. After seeing them in person you feel differently.
    I went to Macworld to buy an external HDD. After seeing Time Capsule in person I ordered it that day. I'm not sure I would have ordered it had I not seen it in person, Apple has not really given much info on Time Capsule yet and it's not in the stores to view. You won't be disappointed.:)

20. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

I have a feeling that it won't be released until after 10.5.2. Can't wait to have 1TB of storage and 802.11n.

21. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Time Capsule would be better if it had more storage.

22. imacan macrumors regular

How noisy is the hard disk in Time Capsule for those that had a chance to "hear" it, if any?

23. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

People who have heard it have been in a crowd of other people at MWSF.

24. imacan macrumors regular

Yes, I thought it might have been the case.

25. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I mean this with the most sincerity, some of you have to let this "It won't be released until 10.5.2 is released" go.
    The same thing was said about the MBA in regards to the Remote Disk, the future MBP and the AppleTV update for the movie rentals.
    Software updates are not needed to release certain products and the MBA is one great example. I already played with Time Capsule and it worked perfectly with 10.5.1.