Time Machine in Mavericks After ML

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Sdahe, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello,

When I had Mountain Lion I was using the Time Machine backup... now I upgrade to Mavericks and can't restore anything from the last backup from ML.

time-machine.jpg

I did a new backup in Mavericks but how can I retrieve the files from the ML backup?... I know I can go directly to Go>Go To Folder>/Volumes/TIMEMACHINE - - but I wan to be able to restore files from Time Machine.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Option key click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar then select "browse other backup disks..." and pick your old backup.

3. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Thanks but still not working... :(

4. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

5. ultraspiracle macrumors member

There are a number of new weirdnesses in the TimeMachine user interface with Mavs - some of them are in posts on this forum. You're not alone in having trouble with it, believe me. I'm pretty sure Apple is actively trying to fix it.

6. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Yeah, I had the same issue too when upgrading from ML. Also, I created a forum thread to explain some of the UI glitches seen with TM.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1659250

It seems like there's a lot of issues with TM in Mavericks (with the UI, that is... the actual backup sources seem fine and backup normally). I've submitted a report about this. I wonder if the Quicklook lag/bugs are related as well? I hope this will be solved (or at least nearly solved) in 10.9.1!

7. ultraspiracle macrumors member

Thanks, Kool-Aid. Yours was the exact thread I was referring to. I think it will be fixed at some point...kind of a rather prominent bug.

8. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Thanks.... I'll be looking your thread

9. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

If you run 'Migration assistant' does it not have an option to migrate files from a Time Machine backup?