Timecode mismatch on front page/iOS/Mac blog stories compared to the forums

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by soupcan, Mar 7, 2016.

1. soupcan, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016

soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Posts on the forum, whether they're made by forum members or they're front page story threads have their time of posting stated based on the current timezone a user is in, yet all articles on the front page, the iOS blog or the Mac blog are done in PST timing. Can we at least have an option to synchronize these times so that it's easier to understand when exactly a story was posted? PST time is irrelevant to me as a person living in the GMT+1 timezone, and constantly having to look up the time difference is just very unnecessary.

And now I accidentally hit enter and now the thread's title is all messed up, and pressing edit doesn't allow me to change the thread's title. I have to be in the normal reading mode to do that. Why is that? Don't make things too complicated here. If I edit the post and go to the "more options" tab, allow me to change the title too. I mean, it's fixed now, but it's way too complicated.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You can edit your thread title. Click the gear icon to show the Thread Tools dropdown, and then pick Edit Title.

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Ya, it would be nice. Unfortunately, it's a little complicated integrating the two systems, plus the front page is statically generated. It's possible probably using JavaScript creatively, but it would take some effort, technically.

4. soupcan thread starter macrumors 6502a

soupcan

I found the icon just before you posted, and I've updated the thread with a statement on that too, again, just before you posted.