Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shasterball

Suspended
Oct 19, 2007
The first one was funny. Somehow, Apple managed to play this out in just 2 weeks. So....innovation? Courage? Can't tell.

Reactions: arkitect

macos9rules

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
It is pretty clearly a callback to his prior movie work. Not sure why you are so hostile toward a joke just because you are uninformed.
Looking at this thread, it looks like I'm not alone, but I'm not hostile towards it... I just think the ad is ineffective. To be clear, I actually like Timothée Chalamet, and unlike MacRumors, I'm able to spell his name correctly (the é and e are in the wrong order in both the title and article).

Last edited:

WoodTableFromIkea

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
Florida
It is pretty clearly a callback to his prior movie work. Not sure why you are so hostile toward a joke just because you are uninformed.
Because internet circlejerk is a thing. People are ignorant and uninformed and just vent out on these forums.

The funny thing is that "99%" of the posts are clearly bashing the ad but yet: they've seen it (and probably the ones before) AND they are commenting on it.

I'd say the ad is doing its job.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
I've seen these ads about 10 times. I still don't know who this whiny douche is...and I'm not wasting the energy to look him up either. I just hope Apple does call him so he shuts up already. 🤣

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
I know it's supposed to be funny, but the fact that Apple paid him to do an ad in which he is begging them to call him is a bit pathetic.
It's possible these ads aren't entirely targeted at the user, but at the industry in general. For any actors or studios that missed the memo by the likes of Tom Hanks that big stars should want to be on Apple TV+.

Reactions: macos9rules
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.