Tips for adding FAN (Premier) Discount

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by schield, Jul 9, 2008.

1. schield macrumors member

If you are not the primary line on your ATT phone account, and want to try to add the FAN discount, you can get around this by adding yourself as an authorized user for the retail store.

To do this, go to http://www.att.com/wireless and log in (assuming you have created an account). Then click the "My Profile" tab and then scroll all the way to the bottom where it says "Authorized Users - Retail Store".

Add the name of the person that will be applying the FAN discount.

I did this tonight with my Coca-Cola Enterprises discount (28%!) and was not the primary line, however I added myself previously as a Authorized User.

My discount applied on my entire plan, however I thought it was just for the primary line. When I questioned how much the discount would cover off the total monthly bill, I was surprised when the representative said the whole thing.

The representative also stated that the discount will apply for iPhone 3G (as others have confirmed).

Hope this helps. :apple:

2. DubbleDuecer macrumors member

I tried to sign up for my bestbuy discount. When I click discount when im signed in, it tells
    Special Programs - Not Offered
    At this time, your employer has not made any special programs available for your participation.
    But at the top of the page it says
    BEST BUY SPORTS CARDS FAN#: 000*****

Is this because I have the current Iphone and it doesnt accept discounts or am i doing something wrong?

3. ceiph macrumors regular

now can this work if the primary account holder already has a fan? ha my mom gets a fan from her goverment job, but i should get the coca cola one. so can u use 2, heres only coveres her line on the family plan

4. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

only one per acct

5. schield thread starter macrumors member

I don't believe you can use two. Do you work for CC Company or CC Enterprises? Enterprises is 28% (best ATT discount), so i'm sure if it is better than the government discount. If you are "Company" I have no idea what the discount is.

6. schield thread starter macrumors member

Could be since discounts did not apply on the first gen iphone.

7. ceiph macrumors regular

yeah i figured you couldnt use 2 ha, but i am employed by "enterprises" so im going to try to get the fan discount on our account changed over, my moms gov is 15% so its a big diffrence. thanks for pointing that out

8. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip. I'll be buying a family plan with 2 iphones but my wife won't be present to prove that she qualifies for the discount.

ATT store rep told me I had to transfer the account to her name later one and she would need a credit check as well and THEN apply the discount.

Your way sounds much easier.

9. wako macrumors 65816

am i able to goto a corporate store and have them look up if i have FAN discounts or not? can i just tell them I work where and what not and they can see if I have the discount? Also do they stack with other discounts?

10. schield thread starter macrumors member

I went to an ATT authorized reseller first, and he told me I had to get the fan account number myself. However, I believe that they will look it up for you at a corporate store. Just bring a work issued ID or pay stub, or even call ahead of time.

You can only use one discount.

11. ceiph macrumors regular

yeah the corp att store told me i had to be the primary name on the account... how did you get past this

12. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

So for clarification...

If I am an authorized user, but not the primary acct holder on a family plan and I use my University's FAN discount, does it get applied to the whole plan? Or does it only get applied to the 30 dollar data plan that would be on my line.

Our plan is as follows

69.99 - 700 minutes for 2 lines
    30.00 - 3G data
    5.00 - 200 texts

With the FAN it would be

60.99 - 700 Minutes for 2 lines
    30.00 - 3G Data
    8.99? - 1500 txt? TMS4 code

I really need to know

13. skippinjack macrumors newbie

O please do share that FAN number with me via PM! :D Also, I know the rest of the Best Buy Sports Cards FAN that the person below you mentioned!

14. maladroit macrumors member

Confused

I don't understand this at all.

I have a 2G iphone (which they told me will still not receive a discount) and I'm on a family plan. When I went in to ask about the 3g, they said it would only apply to my primary line, no questions asked.

I'm so confused on why it doesn't apply to the whole account, etc, like it used to.

15. dave006 Contributor

dave006

If you have a work email address you can do it all online. Go to this page and enter your work/school/group address and follow the instructions.

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/en_US/phones-devices/iReady.jsp

16. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Old thread, but maybe someone has an answer.

If I'm on a family plan with three other family members and I'm the only one eligible for a FAN discount, can I apply it to our shared minutes? For example, I get 15% off the voice part of my package (only me on the account right now). If we're sharing 1400 minutes between four of us does my discount apply towards the entire $90 we pay for voice?

17. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Hey better an old thread that may be relevant then another useless thread...

The official policy is that your name should be on the Account to apply a FAN that you are eligible to receive. You will receive a service discount of 15% off the primay line so on a FamilyTalk 2100 minute plan it would be a discount on the $80.00 ( the other 9.99 is for the first add-a-line ).

There are some FAN that provide other discounts, you will have to review your groups specific informtion to see if your 15% applies to the total voice rate plan (most don't) and or data plans on the primary line or add-a-lines (some do).

Dave

18. scotland007 macrumors regular

I work for Halliburton and get the 20% FAN discount. Ours discount goes towards voice and data on our plans.

19. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Strange. One of my kid's lines was the primary on our account (don't ask, they just did that when we signed up in the Cingular days) yet I was able to sign up for the FAN discount on my (then) sub account but it applied the discount to the main line. I since switched my line to the primary so I now get 12 month renewals and it didn't affect any of the FAN stuff at all.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Even though he wanted he can't. Your FAN is given on the basis you provide a valid email from the institution where you work at. In this case, the OP had to provide AT&T with his CC Enterprise email and then validate his email in order to get the discount.

21. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

dave006, like this?

$69.99-15% FAN discount=$59.49 – 700 minutes for two lines
    $9.99 – additional line
    $9.99 – additional line
    $59.96 – four 200MB data plans
    $X.XX – fees and taxes

22. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Sorry, but no.

For most FAN National Account Discounts, the service discount only applies to the actual part that is the primary line, which in your example would be $60.00 - 15% ( $9 savings ) or $53.00. The additional $9.99 in the $69.99 is for the first add-a-line, so no discount on that part of the FamilyTalk 700 rate plan.

Dave

23. celmail macrumors newbie

fan discount - two year contract

Hi,

I have two lines on my account, none of them are bound by a contract. If I add the fan discount to my plan do I have to sign a new two year contract for both lines or for the primary line only?

thanks,
    C.

24. David 102 macrumors newbie