Tips on dealing with dents and scratches?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrBink, Jun 15, 2011.

1. MrBink macrumors newbie

I accidentally dropped my MBP this morning and it happened to land on one of its edges before sliding a short distance across the floor.

The edge is a bit dented, I'm guessing there is not a whole lot I can do about that but there are some, what seem to be, superficial scratches I'm hoping to get rid of or minimize. Any tips would be helpful. :)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

As far as scratches go, you can either choose to buy a skin or cover (ie: hardshell) for your computer to cover the scratches up, or just ignore them. There isn't really much you can you do. You could replace the scratches parts, but that would be expensive.

3. njaremka macrumors 6502

i say if the MBP still works fine, chaulk it up as battle scars. chicks dig scars ;) or, maybe you're not into those kind of chicks :eek:

4. JR1993 macrumors regular

Lol.

Maybe you could carve your initials over the scratches, just make sure you do it good

5. jive turkey macrumors 6502

Man, I wish there was an easy way to deal with dents. Scratches I could live with, but I dropped my MPB right on the corner where the charger input is, and now it is a PAIN to get the thing to charge. I have to fiddle with it for 15 minutes sometimes before it will make a connection, then I can't move the darn thing or it will stop getting juice.

Only time ever that I've regretted not having AppleCare. :(

6. Genocide macrumors member

No worries, AppleCare doesn't cover accidental damage.

7. un.titled macrumors regular

I don't know what size yours is, but here is a new case for a 13".

$149.95

https://www.powerbookmedic.com/Top-...-Assembly-for-MacBook-13-Unibody-p-17252.html

Just an option.

Edit: 15" is still the same price. 17" is $299.95

8. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Squaretrade does.

9. MrBink thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, that's about 8 more responses than I expected. Thanks for the replies and for the thoughtful band-aid :p

The MBP works just fine the scratches aren't really noticeable unless you look closely. Overall, I'm not too fussed, especially when considering if I had dropped a laptop with a plastic casing on terracotta floors it probably would have shattered.

10. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

AppleCare won't cover this. Sorry to say.

11. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

apple care will not pay for damages due to drops. but if your macbook pro was in a hardshell it would not have a mark.