Tired of hearing about iPhone / iPad

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Mobiyan, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Mobiyan macrumors newbie

I know it is a big business for Apple, but I am quite tired of hearing about the iPhone / iPad everyday, while we have been out of news for the desktop Mac for quite a while.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Then put the iPhone/iPad forum on ignore. You don't have to look.

3. UltimaLink macrumors regular

Get used to it. I predict that in 5 years or so, Apple will drop the mac line trying to make iPads and iPhones the new computers.

They will fail, since so many people rely on macs, I doubt they could pull this off.

Then again, Apple fanboys.

4. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

While I agree that Apple have effectively abandoned their desktop line (and OS X itself), but your point comes at a bad time considering there was news just yesterday regarding a possible iMac refresh as early as next week. :)

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Why is this in the Mac Pro forum?
    The iPhone/iPad topic isn't that bad. I think the Mac lineup is fine where it is right now.

6. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I agree with you. I am sick to death of the iPhad and the iPhail 4. Seems like half the company is working on "bumpers" and posting stupid videos about other smartphones.

Where are the updated Mac Pros? Where are the 64-bit pro apps? Hello, updated Macbook Airs with 4 gig minimum RAM and affordable SSD configs? Monitors -- Apple, can you at least try to release a new, large and competitive H-IPS based panel (or even better technology) for high-end workstations? And when are we getting a revamped OS X that's even more robust than Snow Leopard?

Instead we get iPhail -- a phone that's always had spotty reception and mediocre (at best) sound quality. But oohhh, look, you can scroll through pictures (yawn).