Tired of waiting for the iPhone 5.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

When the iPhone hit the market in 2007, the phone fascinated me rightaway only due to circumstances I was never aible to buy the damn thing, until this summer. I was planning to buy the iPhone 4 but noticing all the rumors about the 5 I postponed my purchase. I don't possess any smartphone yet as the only one I care for is the iPhone. So I'm still using a crappy oldstyle Nokia device without internet or touchscreen. I will hate myself when after purchasing the 4 in a few weeks the 5 would come out. As of today I keep hearing more and more rumors the 5 will be probable launched somewehre in 2012. If I buy the 4 it has to be with a 2 year plan and next year the thing will be long and gone outdated.

I know Apple will sell as much 4's as possible but can't they break the rumors by giving a slight hint about the final releasedate, the whole Techworld is going bezerk on the next iPhone with blogwriters like Mark Gurman throwing oil in the fire...c'mon give us something concrete!

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

The iPhone 5 will not be released in 2012. At this point it looks like it will be end of September or Early October. Just hang in there a little bit longer.

3. MarrkDaviid macrumors member

If the iPhone 5 hasn't been released by the beginning of November, it will be March-May 2012. I would personally wait for the release of the iPhone 5.

4. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Umm, why are people crying over the release date? It will be announced in September and released early October. Fact.

5. saving107, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Rumor < Fact

These two are not the same.

6. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Rumour is greater than fact? You mean "Rumour <> Fact", or "Rumor != Fact"...:rolleyes:

iPhone 5 will be released early October at the latest.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

:)

That's what I get for posting after going almost 24 hrs without sleep, I shall go to bed now.

Yes I gave you a +1

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's An Old Saying

But patience is a virtue, aspired to by many yet achieved by few :D

I'm happy to wait, as I get mine free in October ;)

9. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I too am tired of waiting, but what are the alternatives? I skipped the 4 for various reasons, and to buy one now would be crazy.

One of two things are going to happen: Apple will release a warmed over iPhone 4 or we'll get a complete redesign with a larger screen.

I tell ya though, if it's just a warmed over iPhone 4 after all this delay, hello Android.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

i'm tired of people saying there tired of waiting. if you can't wait any longer buy something else ;) That will fix Apple I sure they will panic then. That will teach them to delay there phone a few months. :rolleyes:

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Many of us are tired but the difference between the 4 and the 5 will not be that great. It is the OS that will make the biggest difference. Though a proper CPU will be a great addition.

12. ah123 macrumors regular

Some perspective is needed.

It's just a phone. Yes, it's a cool phone which can do lots of other useful things, is sleek, is fun to use, but it's just a phone.

No need to get obsessed over if/when it is coming out. Surely people have more going on in their lives than worrying about that.

Just have patience, and get on with your life and before you know it, a new phone will be out and you can get it and enjoy it.

Yes, I see the irony in me spending my time on MR - but I'm at work. I use MR to avoid doing work :D

13. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

You know there's other words that sound like "there" that you are allowed to use...

You might have a bit more empathy if you were toting around an old 3G or 3GS on it's last legs and were planning on the usual release in June to upgrade your old clunker.

14. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I've been waiting since December for myself and I'm tired too but it's only a phone...

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

16. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Don't worry there's only a little more waiting to do :D

17. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm...I have to argue the fact it's just a phone. Before 2007 you couldn't purchase something that easily with any conventional handset, arrange your finances, browse the web with some decensie, make music, count your heartrate, control other electronic devices, pay your parkingmeter, making popcorn for crying out loud....etc. etc and everything with a single swipe. This smartphone has changed so much things in our day to day lives. That piece of steel, glass, electronics you have in your hand is a statement and equivalent of what mankind is capable of and it's just the beginning. C'mon who thought in the late 90's begin 2000 a gadget like this would come out people then only could dream about this.

But if the 5 is coming out in september or even october I'm gladly willing to wait a bit more.

I think I need to apply for a joboffer at Apple's salesdepartment.

18. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Over melodramatic, no? Besides, now I think I bought the wrong product because mine does not make popcorn.

19. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

What you could do is buy an older used iPhone of craiglist (like the 3g) and use that until the 5 comes out. Than you could sell it back, and it would not lose that much value when you resell it.

20. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha...yeah I know! I always get emotinal on three things in life; fluctuations on my bankaccount, my girlfriends dinner results and Greatness in any kind of form(including Techrelated issues)

21. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Judging from the rumors on past iDevices, they may not be spot on, but they're fairly estimated. It will be released September or October. Hang in there.

22. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip man, will consider this.

23. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

np, glad I could help <(") <- penguin lol

24. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I can't help but wonder if the intro of the iPhone 5 is a bit late due to problems. If so, it's a nice thought to think perhaps Apples done a proper fix unlike Antennagate. It would be even nicer if we don't have to listen to condescending comments from the CEO.

Then again perhaps there isn't any problems. Nothing but Apple taking their time and exerting their influence. That's an even better scenario.

One things for sure, it's a fun time speculating about the final product. After all, it's only fresh and new till shortly after it's released. Apple's got us trained to be clamoring for the next new model.

25. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have to know - what emotions do your girlfriends cooking attempts inspire? Amazement? Fear?