Tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SuperMiguel, Nov 14, 2011.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

any update or news on being able to use the iphone 4s on tmobile usa 3g network, an get 3g speeds instead of edge????

2. techguy20 macrumors 6502

It not possible, and won't ever be for the 4S, though EDGE works just fine.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

My understanding is that T-Mobile USA uses a different frequency of 3G which is not supported by current iPhones so its not going to happen unless Apple release a model that is compatible. Considering that there is no news of T-Mobile becoming an official Apple iPhone partner you may have a long wait.

4. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

Too slow???

5. omegle macrumors newbie

If it's too slow then get a different phone. There's no way to fix it as it is a hardware issue.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I don't think the iPhone will ever have 3g on tmobiles network.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

As long as T Mobile buyout seems like it is going to happen, it doesn't make a ton of sense for Apple to invest in radios for 3G on T Mobile.

If that doesn't happen, then I could see Apple making a T Mobile 3G device, while the market isn't huge, it also likely isn't that expensive if Apple puts in pentaband radios into their device, then Apple doesn't have to make T Mobile only devices.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I thought the new chip supports T-Mobile's 3G network, but it's just not enabled.