Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Now says out for delivery, 9.55am. Hoping it might come soon as I'm in the same area (so16)

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Sky Blue said:
Now says out for delivery, 9.55am. Hoping it might come soon as I'm in the same area (so16)

Its says out for delivery for me as well, so17 area, I wonder who will gets theirs first, the race is on!!!

besides I have a lecture at 12.50pm I don't want to have to miss that :p

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
I got mine at 9:30am this morning :) AWESOME.

Not that it makes any difference because I dont finish work till 4:30pm. Nearly all my stuffs backed up and ready to go, just need to backup iCal, Address Book, Safari bookmarks.

Although I got HL2 last week so I've been playing counter strike:source everynight for a good few hours, so maybe I wont get to spend much time with my Mac. Still, I suppose Tiger can be installing while I shoot my friends on CS!

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Still allocated for delivery... but the TNT woman who phoned me yesterday said it would arrive today. Although I'm curious as to why TNT called me to check if I would be in to receive Tiger - did anyone else have this happen to them?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
cwedl said:
Its says out for delivery for me as well, so17 area, I wonder who will gets theirs first, the race is on!!!

besides I have a lecture at 12.50pm I don't want to have to miss that :p

i work in the so17 area, my wife is at home right now, but she has to leave for class (soton uni) at 12.30!! better come before then!

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
pulsewidth947 said:
I got mine at 9:30am this morning :) AWESOME.

Not that it makes any difference because I dont finish work till 4:30pm. Nearly all my stuffs backed up and ready to go, just need to backup iCal, Address Book, Safari bookmarks.

Although I got HL2 last week so I've been playing counter strike:source everynight for a good few hours, so maybe I wont get to spend much time with my Mac. Still, I suppose Tiger can be installing while I shoot my friends on CS!

Cool, I nearly forgot to backup iPhoto, That was close, still waiting....

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
Date Time Location Status
29/04/2005 09:37 CRAWLEY At delivery depot
29/04/2005 09:36 CRAWLEY Allocated for delivery
29/04/2005 08:36 CRAWLEY Out for delivery

eh ? Out for delivery at 8:36 then back to depot at 9:37 ?!?!

OT: How do I back up Safari bookmarks btw?

Cheers!
Adam

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2003
UK
Mine just arrived

I had the day of work today and I am glad I did. Just had my copy of Tiger delivered :D

Just got to back-up my hard disk and then "an installiing we wil go". Hopefully my next post will be from Tiger. :cool:

nomore

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2005
monty77 said:
OT: How do I back up Safari bookmarks btw?

Cheers!
Adam

Go to Home > Libraray > Preferences > Safari and the bookmarks file is in there. Just copy it.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
Nice man from TNT delivered my Up-To-Date copy this morning, yeah!

My retail version should be waiting for me at work later today, before I burn over to the Apple Store Regents St. to check out what's going down. See you there!

jhomayne

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
SHEFFIELD
28/04/2005*********
Allocated For Delivery

the only problem is.. i'm in uni halls so it could arrive any time and i wouldn't know! they only update the parcel list once a day i think as well so it could be there but i might not know!

:eek:

:p

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
I don't believe it. Phoned up TNT, and they said because of the fog I wont get the package until wednesday/thursday!!!! That's another week >_<

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
ARGHH!! No one was in to pick it up! Argh! I just phoned TNT and I have to wait until tomorrow. What a nightmare! I said I wouldn't mind going down to the hub and picking it up! but oooh no! GRRR

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
ALSO the problem could be TNT in West Midlands (Nuneaton included i think) had power failure last nights so deliveries are 3 hours behind

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
This is my first post from Tiger. Wow it is so cool. There are lost of really nice features in here that I have not heard mentioned before. On a PowerBook if you remove the power connector it automatically dims your screen for you just a bit. When you down load a Widget it goes strainght into your dashboard, you don't need to install it of anything. The only annoying thing that I cant fix is when you download an application through Safari it gives you an alert message hat I cant get rid of. I am sure there must be a way. Mail is cool and spotlight is so so quick! Very impressed.

That ripple effect you get with dashboard works fine with my PowerBook but not my 1.42GHz DP G4? I would have thought they would have supported the G4 towers. Ah well not the end of the world! I hope you all get yours as soon as possible to enjoy this great OS.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
john_satc said:
ALSO the problem could be TNT in West Midlands (Nuneaton included i think) had power failure last nights so deliveries are 3 hours behind

Are you sure about this? Mine was at Nuneaton, but the site clearly states it left at 0802 for delivery.

Attachments

• tigerdelivery.jpg
    tigerdelivery.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 84

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Sky Blue said:
Mine was delivered at 11.30am ...woott!

Cool, Still waiting for mine, Missed my lecture besides this lecture is always very boring.......
:p

Bakey

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2003
O Donny Boy
It has arrived...

I've just [within the last five minutes] received my copy of Tiger!! Oh yes... best thing is I only actually ordered it yesterday morning!!

Fan-blooming-tastic... :D

Here's to a bank holiday weekend of "investigation" -- the better half isn't going to be too thrilled I can tell you. Oh well... ;)

PS. Location = Donny in [quite nice and sunny for the moment] South Yorkshire...

PPS. The package stinks of cigs!!!

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Bakey

I heard that for Donny the weather widget has a permanent rain cloud. They didn't bother putting the sun symbol in (saves on compiling space) :cool: <- those are S-U-N G-L-A-S-S-E-S.

This is comming from someone from Hull...... :rolleyes: Glad you got it today. Tiger is so cool!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.